Bullnose Forums

Show Planning - Classes & Trophies

I need some help. I need to get the trophies on order very soon, and want to ensure I have the right classes/categories before I do.

What we had last year were these:

Farthest Distance Driven (we meant "in an entered truck")

Best Paint

Best Engine

Closest To Stock

Best Upgrades

People's Favorite

Are these the right classes? Should we have more? If so, what? Do we want a category for the farthest someone has come in addition to driven?

Please share your thoughts soonest as we really need to get this nailed down ASAP.

Thanks!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps T-shirts for the ones who travel the farthest [no truck entered], so the event could gain recognition in their home land when the shirts are worn? :nabble_smiley_happy:

Well, that's a different subject. But while on it, I do have t-shirts planned for those that help with the show, which I think will include the travelers. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Gary, I like the categories as it gives a variety of trucks the chance to win (besides the typical “show truck”) and you put a lot of thought into that for last year. I also think the number of categories suits the size of the show. Hopefully this year will be a little bigger, but the number of trophies seems appropriate. If you did want to add one, I might suggest best interior, just because I have such a soft spot for the inside trim details. As for the furthest distance driven... I just moved another 100 miles further away from Skiatook 😉

Gary, I like the categories as it gives a variety of trucks the chance to win (besides the typical “show truck”) and you put a lot of thought into that for last year. I also think the number of categories suits the size of the show. Hopefully this year will be a little bigger, but the number of trophies seems appropriate. If you did want to add one, I might suggest best interior, just because I have such a soft spot for the inside trim details. As for the furthest distance driven... I just moved another 100 miles further away from Skiatook 😉

Ok, thanks for the input. That makes one less issue I have to wrestle with if I can just go with what I have. But, I'll consider the interior as well.

As for the extra 100 miles, I think that's icing on the cake. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As for the extra 100 miles, I think that's icing on the cake. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I give up [regarding competing with Jonathan}... I think I will just fly in!!! :nabble_smiley_whistling:

David, I have been kinda seriously thinking to myself the exact same thing, that I should just fly. I looked it up on the map, the Tulsa airport looks fairly close by.

But part of the enjoyment of this is the road trip and the things I see. For example, a freakin' TURTLE crossing the road! And bugs... some of them the size of a baseball (in the swamp, taking the shortcut off 20 and you come into a podunk town called Ralston or somesuch).

So, I dunno... but I've been seriously thinking to myself about it....

David, I have been kinda seriously thinking to myself the exact same thing, that I should just fly. I looked it up on the map, the Tulsa airport looks fairly close by.

But part of the enjoyment of this is the road trip and the things I see. For example, a freakin' TURTLE crossing the road! And bugs... some of them the size of a baseball (in the swamp, taking the shortcut off 20 and you come into a podunk town called Ralston or somesuch).

So, I dunno... but I've been seriously thinking to myself about it....

I think David was just funning. But, if you want to fly in I can pick you up at the airport - assuming it isn't the day of the show. (Or, for that matter, Friday afternoon very late. We are having a lot of people over to the house and I'll be picking up the Mac's BBQ, etc.)

However, you would miss those side trips. Like the one off US60 on 9 Mile Road that did dump you out at Ralston. Then across the river and you picked up OK20. And in the Arkansas river bottom you did get into some rather large insects. :nabble_smiley_grin:

I think David was just funning. But, if you want to fly in I can pick you up at the airport - assuming it isn't the day of the show. (Or, for that matter, Friday afternoon very late. We are having a lot of people over to the house and I'll be picking up the Mac's BBQ, etc.)

However, you would miss those side trips. Like the one off US60 on 9 Mile Road that did dump you out at Ralston. Then across the river and you picked up OK20. And in the Arkansas river bottom you did get into some rather large insects. :nabble_smiley_grin:

Hasn't Chris spent "extra time" several times when taking the shortcut? Hmmm??? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

And, yes, Gary. I was "funning". I will be flying low on the radar @ 60-65mph.

Hasn't Chris spent "extra time" several times when taking the shortcut? Hmmm??? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

And, yes, Gary. I was "funning". I will be flying low on the radar @ 60-65mph.

Chris doesn't have "a" short cut. He's figured out several of them - apparently because he doesn't believe his GPS.

One was to take the business route into Ponca City, wherein he got lost. He called me from a Conoco gas station I used to drive by on my way to work every day, so I told him how to come on to Skiatook.

So, maybe flying IS better for him? :nabble_smiley_evil: