Bullnose Forums

Help with spec!

Hi guys, so I really don't have much info on my trucks past life and I'm wanting to get the correct badge for the wing but I have no idea which one it should have.

Can anyone help based on the spec or is there a way I can find out?

It's a '86 302 EFI short bed 4x4 manual, no rev counter, no clock, no headliner but it did come with chrome arches, bed rails and chrome steel wheels. I'll try and upload a photo when I can as it won't let me from my phone.

Any help is appreciated thankyou!

If you look at the 1986 brochure (Documentation/Manuals & Literature then click the 1986 in the F-Series Pickup Brochure line) you'll see that there were three trim levels: Standard; XL; and XLT Lariat. And if you look closely the Standard isn't said to have a headliner and the XL did come with one. So you apparently have the Standard trim level.

But, tell me more about what badge you need. You should have the F150 badge and then, looking at the picture in the brochure, there's another badge under it. I can't tell for sure, but that may be a "4x2" badge. Which do you need?

If you look at the 1986 brochure (Documentation/Manuals & Literature then click the 1986 in the F-Series Pickup Brochure line) you'll see that there were three trim levels: Standard; XL; and XLT Lariat. And if you look closely the Standard isn't said to have a headliner and the XL did come with one. So you apparently have the Standard trim level.

But, tell me more about what badge you need. You should have the F150 badge and then, looking at the picture in the brochure, there's another badge under it. I can't tell for sure, but that may be a "4x2" badge. Which do you need?

Ok thankyou I'll have a look now!

On that basis, if it is the basic trim level then I presume the badge I need would be the 4x4 badge!

Ok thankyou I'll have a look now!

On that basis, if it is the basic trim level then I presume the badge I need would be the 4x4 badge!

I missed the 4x4 in your signature. Sorry. But, you are right. And here's a page from the 1986 Light Truck Book, which was a Ford publication given to the dealerships to explain what the vehicles came with. I think it'll answer your question:

1986_Standard_Trim_Features.thumb.jpg.7a2796a7771e28ceb1f7cc1bd5b63f6e.jpg

I missed the 4x4 in your signature. Sorry. But, you are right. And here's a page from the 1986 Light Truck Book, which was a Ford publication given to the dealerships to explain what the vehicles came with. I think it'll answer your question:

I would expect it to be the 4x4 or the EFI badge.