Bullnose Forums

Couple nice blue 86's on BaT

Nice! But, as you know, I really like the F350. Ford finally brought the solid axle/leaf spring combo back, but only in '86 and only on the F350's. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Well Gary, as you know I’m more of a half ton guy, so Given the choice I’d be taking the wimpy little 5-lug truck with the 5.0:nabble_anim_handshake:

Nice! But, as you know, I really like the F350. Ford finally brought the solid axle/leaf spring combo back, but only in '86 and only on the F350's. :nabble_smiley_cry:

That F350 is beautiful. It's setup almost exactly like my truck.

Gary, do you see the transmission crossmember on that F350? I've never seen that before. But I worry I may need something like that because of how low my axle will sit compared to the transfer case.

*EDIT* I have seen it before, via the MPC. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Crossmembers.jpg.95efa51b7e2e971f50c7e2e2545dee87.jpg

1986_ford_f-350_1986_ford_f-350_03fb8bc2-acfa-4fa3-b12d-d04d512bffd7-vk81wJ-scaled.jpg.40c1eca349b6adeb305a8fde9bd3a5fd.jpg

That F350 is beautiful. It's setup almost exactly like my truck.

Gary, do you see the transmission crossmember on that F350? I've never seen that before. But I worry I may need something like that because of how low my axle will sit compared to the transfer case.

*EDIT* I have seen it before, via the MPC. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Shaun - I hadn't noticed it, but now that you mention it you are right - you may need it, or something like it.

Cory - I'll take the 8-luggers. You take the 5's. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Shaun - I hadn't noticed it, but now that you mention it you are right - you may need it, or something like it.

I'll probably just end up modifying the one I have. It'll be easier in the long run.

I remember years ago when I had the F150, I didn't see the need for a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. But now that I have one, I'm now more interested in heavy duty trucks. Funny how that works.

I'll probably just end up modifying the one I have. It'll be easier in the long run.

I remember years ago when I had the F150, I didn't see the need for a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. But now that I have one, I'm now more interested in heavy duty trucks. Funny how that works.

Why not both? And a Bronco as well? :nabble_smiley_evil: