Bullnose Forums

Remember This?

Mark Ten, Mark Ten B and Mark Ten C along with their GM only breakerless conversion. Preston Carburetion was a distributor for them until they let anyone have them for less than my cost. I had one on my Shelby, one with the breakerless conversion on my Jetfire and sold many of them.

Manufactured by Delta products.

Mark Ten, Mark Ten B and Mark Ten C along with their GM only breakerless conversion. Preston Carburetion was a distributor for them until they let anyone have them for less than my cost. I had one on my Shelby, one with the breakerless conversion on my Jetfire and sold many of them.

Manufactured by Delta products.

I knew you'd know all about them, Bill. They sure cut down on the wear on the points. :nabble_smiley_wink:

However, in a way they pulled too little current through the points since the points wouldn't clean up when fouled. You probably remember my story about running out of gas in one tank on the 390 and switching over to the other. But the engine wouldn't catch.

Long story short, the high vacuum during the coasting time had allowed/pushed oil vapor into the distributor and fouled the points. I ran a business card through them and it fired right up, but that was after I disassembled the QJet on the side of the road, convinced it was a fuel problem. After all, I'd run out of gas, so...