Bullnose Forums

My 85 F-250 Project

Darksidesm

That's a different story entirely. In that case, the hornet/wasp spray that shoots a jet of foam would be my choice. I used it the other day and it was pretty effective.

Yeah. I went through 2 cans. Lol. I sprayed one nest this morning. This evening there was a pile of them on the ground and a couple were back building the nest. I've sprayed and knocked down 2 today under my hood in the same spot. These little suckers are persistent.

• 1 month later...

Yeah. I went through 2 cans. Lol. I sprayed one nest this morning. This evening there was a pile of them on the ground and a couple were back building the nest. I've sprayed and knocked down 2 today under my hood in the same spot. These little suckers are persistent.

Ok. Sorry my project is not very exciting. Lol.

I got my auxiliary battery removed with help from people here. Thanks.

I got it started up and moved it to the side of my house behind a gate. Now I can have peace and quiet when I work on it. To get it in I had about 2.5 inches from each mirror to the fence post. Took a few back and forths to get it lined up but I managed to not hit anything. And no fire from the wiring. Lol

20180918_230600.jpg.65fabf686c591e00e0c7e6f4400dc33c.jpg

20180918_230908.jpg.b1f77fdf81117d8c902905f2ab78159e.jpg

20180918_230945.jpg.9a299b217d5b5cd54d389224319fcb01.jpg

Ok. Sorry my project is not very exciting. Lol.

I got my auxiliary battery removed with help from people here. Thanks.

I got it started up and moved it to the side of my house behind a gate. Now I can have peace and quiet when I work on it. To get it in I had about 2.5 inches from each mirror to the fence post. Took a few back and forths to get it lined up but I managed to not hit anything. And no fire from the wiring. Lol

Now that you have it where you want it maybe things will go a little faster. At least it is secure.

Good job removing the auxiliary battery. Do you think you might want to put it back some day? If not you might consider removing the mount, tray, relay, etc and selling them as someone else might want an auxiliary battery.

Now that you have it where you want it maybe things will go a little faster. At least it is secure.

Good job removing the auxiliary battery. Do you think you might want to put it back some day? If not you might consider removing the mount, tray, relay, etc and selling them as someone else might want an auxiliary battery.

I'm sure it will go faster. When it was outside I had to work like 3 feet from a sidewalk on street with a lot of people passing by. Every time I needed a tool I didn't have I had to gather everything up and go to the back yard and into the garage. Growing up in Phoenix and Las Vegas I dont leave anything out of my direct sight.

I decided to hold on to the auxiliary parts for now. I might someday decide I want it back in.

I was thinking of repurposing the battery holder by securing a small metal tool box in there. That away I will always have tools and dont have to worry about someone breaking a window to steal them. :nabble_smiley_good:

I'm sure it will go faster. When it was outside I had to work like 3 feet from a sidewalk on street with a lot of people passing by. Every time I needed a tool I didn't have I had to gather everything up and go to the back yard and into the garage. Growing up in Phoenix and Las Vegas I dont leave anything out of my direct sight.

I decided to hold on to the auxiliary parts for now. I might someday decide I want it back in.

I was thinking of repurposing the battery holder by securing a small metal tool box in there. That away I will always have tools and dont have to worry about someone breaking a window to steal them. :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, having to gather things up to go get another tool would be a serious time waster. Should be lots faster now.

As for a tool box, you might also look for one of the factory underhood toolboxes. It can't be used with the aux battery so you'd have to chose which one. But, it looks cool and is very functional.