Bullnose Forum

Bronco Emblems....

Oops, missed the bit about "pry". The retainers are usually a split ring that fits tightly. And you'll want to pry, or is that prise, on the fastener itself, not the emblem. But to do that you may have to pull the inner fender liner loose.

that doesn't sound fun at all! I think ill wait until its paint time to pull those off!

that doesn't sound fun at all! I think ill wait until its paint time to pull those off!

Get a set of hard plastic wedges and work your way around, separating the adhesive from the truck until you can get a good bite. Then alternate between the locations close to the pins, working it out. The original paint is pretty tough and if you want them off now, I wouldn't worry about any major damage occurring. The barrel clips for the emblems are obtainable (if they don't come with the new for whatever reason) so no sweat if they lose their tabs and come out with the emblem.

Also fwiw not all emblems use clips. Instead the holes/pins are just for alignment and the adhesive holds it on. When buying NOS, the adhesive is a gamble so some 3M emblem glue comes in handy.

Get a set of hard plastic wedges and work your way around, separating the adhesive from the truck until you can get a good bite. Then alternate between the locations close to the pins, working it out. The original paint is pretty tough and if you want them off now, I wouldn't worry about any major damage occurring. The barrel clips for the emblems are obtainable (if they don't come with the new for whatever reason) so no sweat if they lose their tabs and come out with the emblem.

Also fwiw not all emblems use clips. Instead the holes/pins are just for alignment and the adhesive holds it on. When buying NOS, the adhesive is a gamble so some 3M emblem glue comes in handy.

Thanks yeah I had a little look earlier and I dont appear to have any locking nuts on the back side, so it must be stuck on. I was going to try and slice it off with fishing line or something thin but I wont try that until I'm getting ready to paint, which is a good few months away yet due to the weather!