Bullnose Forums

1997 Ford F350 Pickup XLT Pickup 54000 Original Miles

Nice truck. $26K seems kind of pricey, but Hagerty says:

#2 Excellent $29,200

#2 vehicles could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 vehicles that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and finishes will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine. The vehicle will drive as a new vehicle of its era would. The one word description for #2 vehicles is "excellent."

So, maybe it is worth it? The ebay description seems to fit Hagerty's.

Nice truck. I like the roller block 351w;).

Hey, did the 351w ever get MAF?

I am assuming no.

I am thinking I will be stuck with the truck I have for years to come, and as much as I love my little 5.0 small block Fords, I still have a craving to build a nice roller 351w. A 408 stroker kit would make it even sweeter;).

Nice truck. I like the roller block 351w;).

Hey, did the 351w ever get MAF?

I am assuming no.

I am thinking I will be stuck with the truck I have for years to come, and as much as I love my little 5.0 small block Fords, I still have a craving to build a nice roller 351w. A 408 stroker kit would make it even sweeter;).

This could have MAF. I believe 1995 and up could have either MAP or MAF. I’ve found no rhyme or reason to which.

This could have MAF. I believe 1995 and up could have either MAP or MAF. I’ve found no rhyme or reason to which.

Yes, some had MAF, but I'm pretty sure this one doesn't have it. The MAF air inlet was a single tube, with the MAF unit being attached to the air cleaner, and this truck has twin tubes. No MAF.

351W_Twin_Inlets.jpg.a6ac81862a4370fbd47dffeda101d0a1.jpg

I can only speak to the 5.0L, but it is my understanding that the 5.0 pickups with automatics got MAF in 1995, and the manuals did not. In 1996 both manuals and autos got MAF. The 1995 F150 5.0 I bought to junk for the chassis was a 5spd truck and was not MAF.

I was just curious what the MAF scoop was on the 5.8L. Since they kept using the 5.8L a full year after the 5.0L was discontinued in the pickups, I was curious if it ever got the "upgrade". My friend Chris has a 1997 F350 same as the one here, and it has a build date of 11/97 so they must have built them right up until the end of the calendar year.

I can only speak to the 5.0L, but it is my understanding that the 5.0 pickups with automatics got MAF in 1995, and the manuals did not. In 1996 both manuals and autos got MAF. The 1995 F150 5.0 I bought to junk for the chassis was a 5spd truck and was not MAF.

I was just curious what the MAF scoop was on the 5.8L. Since they kept using the 5.8L a full year after the 5.0L was discontinued in the pickups, I was curious if it ever got the "upgrade". My friend Chris has a 1997 F350 same as the one here, and it has a build date of 11/97 so they must have built them right up until the end of the calendar year.

I think I have the 1995 FSM and EVTM, so will check in a bit to see what they say about the 351W and MAF.

Well that’s interesting! I would not have thought that the transmission would make a determining factor.