Bullnose Forums

Kudos To GatorHyde - Spray In Bedliner

I just want to take a minute and praise a local business we have here in Wagoner Oklahoma. The business is called GatorHyde and among many things that they do, one of them is spray in bedliners. These guys are the originators of ALL spray in bedliners and such. They developed the formula and then eventually sold that formula to a large corporate entity that does not come to mind at the moment.

Anyway, about 14-15 years ago, I had my truck repainted and then had them apply a spray in bedliner. Over time it faded and was marred, so I took it back to them for clean-up and a few changes. After discussing what I wanted done, I asked Jerry, the owner, what the cost would be. His response was, "nothing"! Said it was under warranty. "Are you kidding me?" That was my response. Couldn't get him to take anything for it. And, that's not the capper! About three days after I left it, Jerry called me back up and said that when they were prepping the old coating and blowing the bed out with air, part of it lifted. He said that could cause some serious damage back there and as such, the old coating needed to be removed. My cost for that? Nothing! That removal kept my truck there another week and I know it must have been a ton of work. I don't need to tell you that he could have cleaned it up real good and I would never have known. That is service above and beyond in our world today. I cannot say enough good about this company. Here's some photos of my bed, old and new bedliner.

Old_Bed_Liner.thumb.jpg.2fd825bbdda25e53f6c973a05076209e.jpg

New_Bed_liner.thumb.jpg.ce259e73e5f92b1fa21ddbc779e2eeb4.jpg

New_Bed_Bolts_.jpg.525e1fd9cf533f95ff69bc73152dd653.jpg

I was thinking about these Torx screw caps at Amazon. And here are a couple of pics I snagged from this website, although they are in the UK so shipping would probably be expensive:

Just missed your post, Gary. You know, I could machine something. I don't really need to have a torx shape. It could be round and just a little bigger than the orfice for a press in fit. I may just do that.

Just missed your post, Gary. You know, I could machine something. I don't really need to have a torx shape. It could be round and just a little bigger than the orfice for a press in fit. I may just do that.

The ones you found want Aussie dollars. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Yes, you could machine something, but out of what? And how will you get the umbrella shape?

If you want something smaller than the plastic ones we've found you could machine them down. But that kind of plastic doesn't machine very well. So maybe 3D print them?

The ones you found want Aussie dollars. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Yes, you could machine something, but out of what? And how will you get the umbrella shape?

If you want something smaller than the plastic ones we've found you could machine them down. But that kind of plastic doesn't machine very well. So maybe 3D print them?

I have some acetal rod that machines very well. I think I've got this!