Bullnose Forums

Bricknose blend door adjustment

Yes, thanks for the follow-up. And glad it helped.

I checked my adjustment the other day and it was fine. So if I don't have enough heat that's not the problem.

It's pretty easy to flush your heater core with a garden hose. Even better if you can screw the hose onto a hot water faucet. Watch the pressure, don't overdo it.

You should have good flow both ways. If not, your core is obstructed. A flush with commercial products advertised for that purpose has never worked for me, but some folks like them.

Consider adding a Wicks coolant filter system. Gasser trucks have plenty of room underhood...only one battery.

It's pretty easy to flush your heater core with a garden hose. Even better if you can screw the hose onto a hot water faucet. Watch the pressure, don't overdo it.

You should have good flow both ways. If not, your core is obstructed. A flush with commercial products advertised for that purpose has never worked for me, but some folks like them.

Consider adding a Wicks coolant filter system. Gasser trucks have plenty of room underhood...only one battery.

I'll find out tomorrow about the heat. We are taking BB into Tulsa on an errand and will need the heat. Hopefully it'll work well. But, if not I'll have to investigate.

However, it was a new heater core, new radiator, new hoses, and a new engine when I put it together a few months ago, so I doubt it is clogged. And, I have two batteries - some of the gassers came with an auxiliary, and BB is one of them.

I'll find out tomorrow about the heat. We are taking BB into Tulsa on an errand and will need the heat. Hopefully it'll work well. But, if not I'll have to investigate.

However, it was a new heater core, new radiator, new hoses, and a new engine when I put it together a few months ago, so I doubt it is clogged. And, I have two batteries - some of the gassers came with an auxiliary, and BB is one of them.

Hmmm, all those new parts, blend door checked, but still chilly inside, eh?

What temp thermostat did you put in that new motor?

Hmmm, all those new parts, blend door checked, but still chilly inside, eh?

What temp thermostat did you put in that new motor?

I don't know if it is chilly inside. We will find out today as we are going to take it out while it is cool enough to need heat. The previous trips we didn't need heat.

It is a 195 'stat, and it gets to at least that on the aftermarket gauge that has real numbers on it.

I don't know if it is chilly inside. We will find out today as we are going to take it out while it is cool enough to need heat. The previous trips we didn't need heat.

It is a 195 'stat, and it gets to at least that on the aftermarket gauge that has real numbers on it.

I am happy to say the heater works pretty well. It is hard to say as although it was in the 40's this morning when we left for the test run the sun was coming in strongly so little heat was needed. But we cranked it up anyway and got good hot air out of the floor vents. :nabble_smiley_beam: