Bullnose Forums

Bricknose blend door adjustment

Just took a look at our 89 Bricky blend door for the issue of not enough heat. It's primarily a grocery getter for our womenfolk. Now that winter finally hit Texas, they complained. I think I found the problem so I'm sharing it. Cold snap coming again tomorrow, for testing.

We previously flushed the core both ways and it has plenty of flow. We also run a Wicks coolant filter setup on this truck, and it's fresh. I can hear the blend door close with a solid thunk on the cold side, but on heat side there is no thunk. Also, the cold/hot slider tends to work its way back off cold, as if it the cable were poorly adjusted.

So I pulled the glove box and took a good look. I inspected the cable link and it appears to be functioning. But as I suspected from the "thunk" on only the cold side, the cable adjustment was off center. It's a crude adjustment using little teeth in the spring steel clip. I wound up with the cable all the way to the right side, just barely leaving enough plastic sheath to get grabbed by the leftmost of the teeth. Take a look below, that's after adjustment.

Now I get a thunk sound on both cold and hot so I think it's fixed. At least, it should be better. I've seen pics of the blend door in other helpful threads here and it seems to me unlikely that it would fail all by itself on a pampered truck like this one.

FYI and I hope this helps someone. Are Bullnoses the same?

BlendDoor.thumb.jpg.6fc995e93e4f619cde9874d1f7223fed.jpg

BlendDoorCable.thumb.jpg.09208b0eb0b38820c40341d5bb191937.jpg

Glad you got it working and I am also impressed with the closeup photo quality.

Yes, Bullnoses are the same (slight differences but same where it matters).

Here is the adjustment procedure from the FSM:

Bounceback is a great word to describe what the cold/hot lever does. Interesting that Bullys have screws to hold the cable sheath, but Brickys get primitive metal spikes in a spring steel clip. Furd beancounters at work...

That's our standard android phone now, across the family. We get used OnePlus 5T phones on fleabay for about $120, wipe them, root them, and install LineageOS Havoc, a non-Goolag android OS. We never login to Goolag, so we can't be tracked everywhere we go, and all our shopping/surfing data remains private. It has a great camera and even 4k video. We get our apps from Aurora Store, which opens an anonymous Play Store session. Almost all apps are available.

If you're computer literate, give it a try. LineageOS intro

Bounceback is a great word to describe what the cold/hot lever does. Interesting that Bullys have screws to hold the cable sheath, but Brickys get primitive metal spikes in a spring steel clip. Furd beancounters at work...

That's our standard android phone now, across the family. We get used OnePlus 5T phones on fleabay for about $120, wipe them, root them, and install LineageOS Havoc, a non-Goolag android OS. We never login to Goolag, so we can't be tracked everywhere we go, and all our shopping/surfing data remains private. It has a great camera and even 4k video. We get our apps from Aurora Store, which opens an anonymous Play Store session. Almost all apps are available.

I had the original OnePlus One. Great phone that lasted for years with active custom rom support. Ran Havoc for a long time.

Running LineageOS on an ebay special Moto G7 Power now. Bought it for battery life but the camera is downright terrible. Will keep an eye out for the OnePlus line when this one bites the dust. :nabble_smiley_good:

Amazing the photos these phones can take.