Bullnose Forums

Clutch pedal gettin' a little low

Puddles the 86 F250 received a ZF5 in 2018. A few months later, the slave cylinder failed so we replaced it with a matched set of master/slave. No problem since.

But lately the pedal seems a little low, especially for our womenfolk. I read in another thread here that there is an adjustment rod on the master at the firewall.

I'd be inclined to have a peek at that rod. We didn't see any clutch adjustment rod on the Bricky buildup we just did. Perhaps it went away with the handsome Bully grill, as it were...

Thoughts?

Time for a new clutch?

I should have stated that with the ZF5 conversion we added a solid flywheel and new clutch. It's a chinese brand from RockAuto but works fine. And the family is well trained not to slip clutches. All the kids and wife learned to drive in yurrup on manual tranny diesels. However it follows logically that as a clutch disk wears, the pedal will get lower.

We also have a LUK in a Bricky and it chatters a bit. So for the last Bricky ZF5 conversion, we went with a Sachs clutch and it seems superior to the LUK. FYI

Time for a new clutch?

I should have stated that with the ZF5 conversion we added a solid flywheel and new clutch. It's a chinese brand from RockAuto but works fine. And the family is well trained not to slip clutches. All the kids and wife learned to drive in yurrup on manual tranny diesels. However it follows logically that as a clutch disk wears, the pedal will get lower.

We also have a LUK in a Bricky and it chatters a bit. So for the last Bricky ZF5 conversion, we went with a Sachs clutch and it seems superior to the LUK. FYI

I have a Luk in Big Blue and it does exactly what you said - chatters a bit. Will try a Sachs next time then. Thanks for the tip.