Bullnose Forums

Question about seat belts

Yes, you got lucky! That was a needle in a haystack. Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Today I installed captain's chairs in Big Blue. And the original, bench seat seatbelts work. However, the inboard belts don't have the plastic standup sleeve so fall to the floor. But I have a couple of those sleeves and while they are in bad shape the belts themselves appear to be the same length as the bench seat inboard belts.

Today I installed captain's chairs in Big Blue. And the original, bench seat seatbelts work. However, the inboard belts don't have the plastic standup sleeve so fall to the floor. But I have a couple of those sleeves and while they are in bad shape the belts themselves appear to be the same length as the bench seat inboard belts.

That sounds like the belts are the same then regardless of bench or captains with the main difference being the plastic used to hold the buckles in the case of the captains.

At least that's how I read your reply.

That sounds like the belts are the same then regardless of bench or captains with the main difference being the plastic used to hold the buckles in the case of the captains.

At least that's how I read your reply.

That’s how I meant it. And since the plastic is available, if I keep the captains chairs I’ll add it to my inboard belts and effectively have the full set.

That’s how I meant it. And since the plastic is available, if I keep the captains chairs I’ll add it to my inboard belts and effectively have the full set.

I just wanted to update this and say that I've scored the 2 extensions, they are enroute and I should have them in hand on Friday-ish. Shipping was ~$20

Excellent! Thanks for the update.

Well, I finally got around to opening the box from the dealership. Part number on the packing slip is right, part numbers on the box is not even close and the extenders are totally wrong so I'll be called them on Monday to see if they can rectify it.

Well, I finally got around to opening the box from the dealership. Part number on the packing slip is right, part numbers on the box is not even close and the extenders are totally wrong so I'll be called them on Monday to see if they can rectify it.

Bummer! You'll probably find that's the last they had. But hope not. Good luck!

We'll see. They sent me extenders for 2008 to 2019 F-series

Does anyone have 80-86 superecab seatbelts that they can measure the length of when fully extended? I tried to measure mine in the truck but I don't know how accurate I was.

Driver side: 114"

passenger side: 112"

My belts are made by bendix according to the label.

I'm trying to get an idea if the 89 belt I pulled from pick and pull is longer. I measure it out of the truck to be 120" fully extended.