Bullnose Forums

Question about seat belts

By golly, you are right! I'll really be interested in what you find.

annoyingly there is ONE bullnose in a wrecking yard within 500 miles of me (Row52.com), but it's a regular cab.

If I go up to bricknose there are multiple, so I might pull one of those belts too just to see how they compare.

annoyingly there is ONE bullnose in a wrecking yard within 500 miles of me (Row52.com), but it's a regular cab.

If I go up to bricknose there are multiple, so I might pull one of those belts too just to see how they compare.

The belts on the bricknose trucks mount differently. There's a spot on the floor where the retractor mounts, as shown below:

Bricknose_Seat_Belts.thumb.jpg.f0a30719914e79f8d881c5741a37507c.jpg

The belts on the bricknose trucks mount differently. There's a spot on the floor where the retractor mounts, as shown below:

IF I end up with the bricknose, I would likely end up disassembling the retraction mechanism and swapping belts. but I'll have to see.

I had a closer look at the diagrams on the seatbelts documentation page.

It looks like Bronco belts will be longer. The diagram appears to show that the retractable portion mounts much lower than the trucks, but I'll have to look at one to be certain. I'm likely going to look for both a set from a truck and a set from a Bronco and worst case maybe I can disassembly the retraction mechanism and swap the belts.

I've also emailed a local dealership to see if they happen to have any extenders (longshot, I know).

well the dealership called me back and said that there were 2 bendix extenders showing at a dealership in California. I called that one, but they were special ordered for someone and already spoken for.

Interesting note, the parts guy said they are not discontinued by Ford, but they are on backorder as Vendor order. Parts guy seemed skeptical that they'd be able to get them.

well the dealership called me back and said that there were 2 bendix extenders showing at a dealership in California. I called that one, but they were special ordered for someone and already spoken for.

Interesting note, the parts guy said they are not discontinued by Ford, but they are on backorder as Vendor order. Parts guy seemed skeptical that they'd be able to get them.

Post the part number and someone might find them for you.

Part number from earlier in the thread:

E3FZ-61611C22-A

I called a dealership in Oregon and they were able to locate a couple dealerships that show stock. I plan on calling them on Monday as they're closed now.

I'm trying to avoid ebay as I don't have a US ebay or paypal account so I would have to go through the hassle of getting verified before I could order from there.

I will be venturing out to the wrecking yards as well to see what I can find.

Part number from earlier in the thread:

E3FZ-61611C22-A

I called a dealership in Oregon and they were able to locate a couple dealerships that show stock. I plan on calling them on Monday as they're closed now.

I'm trying to avoid ebay as I don't have a US ebay or paypal account so I would have to go through the hassle of getting verified before I could order from there.

I will be venturing out to the wrecking yards as well to see what I can find.

Good luck!

Good luck!

Well, I got lucky. I called one of the dealships listed knowing they were closed for the day and expected a response on Monday.

Someone from the dealership called me back and we discussed the belt extensions. Turns out he had 2 in stock. He's going to let me know the cost to ship them on Monday. MSRP is still a penny.

I mentioned that I thought it was a worthwhile longshot to call around to different dealerships since the truck is sol old and he said he has all kinds of old parts around his place. Didn't give any specifics though.

I'm going to hold off on the wrecking yard until I can see how these extensions work for me.

Well, I got lucky. I called one of the dealships listed knowing they were closed for the day and expected a response on Monday.

Someone from the dealership called me back and we discussed the belt extensions. Turns out he had 2 in stock. He's going to let me know the cost to ship them on Monday. MSRP is still a penny.

I mentioned that I thought it was a worthwhile longshot to call around to different dealerships since the truck is sol old and he said he has all kinds of old parts around his place. Didn't give any specifics though.

I'm going to hold off on the wrecking yard until I can see how these extensions work for me.

Yes, you got lucky! That was a needle in a haystack. Well done! :nabble_anim_claps: