Bullnose Forums

Ecu issues

When out the truck today to used all the new info. The two of the wires into the fuel relay are are discolored to the point I had to guess. (Red and yellow are good colors) The eec relay tests good. My only question is the fuel pump doesn't shut off after primed. I have a fuel pressure gauge and it's reading 40 psi. I know before the new motor went in it would shut off in a few seconds. Will this be an issue?

if the fuel pump and regulator are working correctly it is possible for it to hold 40 psi for an extended period of time after being timed out or the ignition being turned off. it only "prime cycles" for a very short time to make up for any loss it may have had from sitting or beginning to wear. as always there is a range of tolerance. you don't want the fuel pump cut off relay stuck in the on position. its effectively jumped! that means it will pump out continuously if there is a leak. it's a safety device, otherwise it would just be wired straight.

if the fuel pump and regulator are working correctly it is possible for it to hold 40 psi for an extended period of time after being timed out or the ignition being turned off. it only "prime cycles" for a very short time to make up for any loss it may have had from sitting or beginning to wear. as always there is a range of tolerance. you don't want the fuel pump cut off relay stuck in the on position. its effectively jumped! that means it will pump out continuously if there is a leak. it's a safety device, otherwise it would just be wired straight.

another point. are you hearing the pump running or are you assuming it is because of the pressure?

• 2 weeks later...