Bullnose Forum

Introduction

Waine5550

Waine - Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

I'm sure you'll start a thread on your truck in the main section to discuss the ECU problems you are having, so I'll watch for that. But where's home? I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city/state or zip. Who knows, you may be near someone else that can help?

Welcome to the group. I actually do not think your truck is a Frankenstein, there is a bit of confusion on the 1985 5.0L trucks. Ford apparently intended to continue the carbureted 5.0L engines for 1985 and there was a last minute change to EFI so there is a lot of information describing the carbureted 5.0L engines and very little on the EFI 5.0L engines. There is an emission diagram for a 1985 302 2 barrel and one for a 1985 302 EFI (which is identical to the 1986 one).

Check the top of your radiator support for the emission diagram and see what it shows. Also look for a sticker possibly showing a recall or TSB regarding conversion to EFI.

The other item I just found, carbureted 5.0L engines are identified by F for the engine code in the VIN, EFI 5.0L engines are identified by N for the engine code in the VIN. Therefore if the engine ID is F it was converted, if it is N it was factory EFI.