Bullnose Forums

Spare parts, the slowest race truck to date

Blucollar4xford

My misunderstanding. I thought you'd broken the welds. But, in any event, you are now getting better welds. And, it looks like the fishplates are well and truly on.

And the bolted-on pieces won't hurt anything either.

Apologies for the misconstrued info. I get excited and thinking way ahead, and then forget to place one word in a post that would clear everything up. So then I have to reply to clear up my mistake. Sorry again haha.

I’m hoping my welds hold, but they look good enough that I’m willing to try this setup out. I need to work on body mounts and engine mounts sometime, too. That’s challenging since the stock mounts tie into the engine crossmember. Not much support once you start going backwards. The trans crossmember is easy enough, though.

Apologies for the misconstrued info. I get excited and thinking way ahead, and then forget to place one word in a post that would clear everything up. So then I have to reply to clear up my mistake. Sorry again haha.

I’m hoping my welds hold, but they look good enough that I’m willing to try this setup out. I need to work on body mounts and engine mounts sometime, too. That’s challenging since the stock mounts tie into the engine crossmember. Not much support once you start going backwards. The trans crossmember is easy enough, though.

No prob. Glad things are holding.