Bullnose Forums

Pulling Bed - Input Please?

Machspeed

Hey friends, going to be pulling the bed on my truck soon in order to fix the non working fuel gauge and clean up the frame a bit. While the bed is off, any recommendations on parts replacement or improvement to existing areas? Everything under that bed is original and I don't want to pull it again. Thanks!

If yours has the Nylon fuel lines, like I think it should, they'll be fine. But the rollover valve and the hose to it would be good to replace. The valve can leak and the hose get brittle and leak as well.

If you have a skid plate I'd see if it needs to be cleaned to get trapped dirt off it that will eventually rust it out. And put anti-seize on the threads thereof.

If yours has the Nylon fuel lines, like I think it should, they'll be fine. But the rollover valve and the hose to it would be good to replace. The valve can leak and the hose get brittle and leak as well.

If you have a skid plate I'd see if it needs to be cleaned to get trapped dirt off it that will eventually rust it out. And put anti-seize on the threads thereof.

Thanks Gary, that's the kinda stuff I was looking for!

If you front tank has the plastic heat shield on the front, check under it for dirt build up, the tank seam is angled and that is the high side causing dirt to sit there.

Thanks fellas, appreciate the input. Wondering if I should expect to replace the rubber fill tank hoses as well. I guess inspection will tell.