Bullnose Forums

1/43 scale Bullnose

rcarlisle

Yes, that is really cool! Did you send them pics and they recreated your truck? Do you have a link?

Linky: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184326038971?hash=item2aeab025bb:g:NmQAAOSws4te43BK Same listing renewed that I bought from. There are a couple variations on the seller's store as well. Nothing closer to my truck.

I wish I could havea one custom painted in my colors. I would paint this one but I'd lose the tiny little tampos on the hood and fenders. And it is an F100. No big deal though. I went in and painted the doors and tailgate letters myself. Trimmed the fenders with a silver Sharpie. Glad my trim is simple, Just around tyhe fender openings.

Linky: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184326038971?hash=item2aeab025bb:g:NmQAAOSws4te43BK Same listing renewed that I bought from. There are a couple variations on the seller's store as well. Nothing closer to my truck.

I wish I could havea one custom painted in my colors. I would paint this one but I'd lose the tiny little tampos on the hood and fenders. And it is an F100. No big deal though. I went in and painted the doors and tailgate letters myself. Trimmed the fenders with a silver Sharpie. Glad my trim is simple, Just around tyhe fender openings.

Thanks!

It is said to be an ‘82 but has the grille and hood lettering from an 80 or 81.

Thanks!

It is said to be an ‘82 but has the grille and hood lettering from an 80 or 81.

I wasn't sure when they changed and it matched mine close enough, so I didn't worry about it. That's about as good as you can find for a scale model that is complete.

I wasn't sure when they changed and it matched mine close enough, so I didn't worry about it. That's about as good as you can find for a scale model that is complete.

Nice find! Wish it were a little bigger, as in 1/24 to 1/25th scale. Revell makes a 1/24th scale kit but it's a stepside.

Nice find! Wish it were a little bigger, as in 1/24 to 1/25th scale. Revell makes a 1/24th scale kit but it's a stepside.

I agree. I have all the things I need to make a styleside from the Revell kit. A bronco body, bed insides and taillights, gate, and parts from a 91. 2wd suspension from the 91 as well. Wheels and manual trans from aftermarket resin caster. Just go to get to measuring and cutting. I've been working in my building where my workbench is so haven't had a proper space to start hacking things up.

I will post on that as soon as I get started on it more.

I agree. I have all the things I need to make a styleside from the Revell kit. A bronco body, bed insides and taillights, gate, and parts from a 91. 2wd suspension from the 91 as well. Wheels and manual trans from aftermarket resin caster. Just go to get to measuring and cutting. I've been working in my building where my workbench is so haven't had a proper space to start hacking things up.

I will post on that as soon as I get started on it more.

So, where will you get the style side bed from?

So, where will you get the style side bed from?

This is where it gets ugly. I have an extra cab and a Bronco body to hack into the sides of the bed. It's going to be complicated and involved. Will involve saws, sanding, and filler and cussing. Lots of cussing, I'm sure. That's why I have to do it in my outbuilding where no one knows the words that come out of my mouth and mind. I can't remember - the Bronco body have same rear overhang as the truck bed? I started comparing, but have forgotten my plan.

Hood will be glued shut as the engine compartment is the old dent side style engine room. And I'm not going to convert that just to show a stock 302 that would not have all the correct stuff. The interior is a base Custom, but I think I'm going to photo reduce my actual dash areas to make it sorta right.

It will take longer than buildng a real truck probably for me.