Bullnose Forums

New to the Bullnose World

thejslay

My name is Jeremiah and I'm from North Augusta, SC.

I recently picked up an 85 Single Cab 5.0 FI from my uncle that my little cousins drove in high school.

It was parked when I got it because he said the fuel pump went out.

I have replaced both pumps and the relay but I still have no power to the pumps. I'm looking forward to further diag with the amount of information on here!:nabble_anim_working:

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Would you like to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member’s Map in the menu.

On the pumps, the power goes though an inertia switch and if it is tripped there won’t be any power to the pump. It is by the passenger’s left foot under the dash on the firewall. You can see the wiring at Documentation/Electrical/EVTM/1985 EVTM.

Welcome! Glad you joined. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Would you like to be on our map? You can see it at Bullnose Forum/Member’s Map in the menu.

On the pumps, the power goes though an inertia switch and if it is tripped there won’t be any power to the pump. It is by the passenger’s left foot under the dash on the firewall. You can see the wiring at Documentation/Electrical/EVTM/1985 EVTM.

I jumped it to check and still nothing. I am going to dig deeper with all the info on here. And yes! You can add me to the map.

I jumped it to check and still nothing. I am going to dig deeper with all the info on here. And yes! You can add me to the map.

It may then be the relay. But the EVTM should help you work through it.

And, you are on the map - just across the river from Bob. You can email him through the forum, but be aware that it doesn't look like the email goes and yet it usually does. So just copy yourself on it to see that it went.