Bullnose Forums

Poor man’s 1 ton

Blucollar4xford

Wow! 2 1/2 years in as many posts?! Lotsa progress. :nabble_smiley_good:

And, I have to agree that Jonathan is one of the good guys. :nabble_anim_claps:

What transfer case do you have behind that ZF? Looks big.

Honestly, I can’t remember exactly when I bought the truck, but sometime in 2014 near the same time I found out I was going to have my oldest son. I guess we’ll say early fall. I think the truck crapped out in February of ‘15. So my kids haven’t ever seen this thing move under it’s own power 😅

I actually had trouble remembering details and finding pictures. But as Jonathan said, we’ve talked a lot on my plans. It’ll be a while yet, but it’s a labor of love. I’m hoping to find a suitable flatbed to fab into something very special and unique. I may have to scratch build, but I’m gunning for something to the effect of “1981 F350 diesel prototype”. Something that really looks the part of a one-off that “escaped” amongst consumers. But it’s also all stuff I just prefer from bullies. Earlier grills, rosewood trim, IDI...I do plan on “disguising” the ZF with a custom shifter that mimics the T19 shift lever.

The transfer case is the stock ‘86 BW 1345. Might be the only stock piece of drivetrain left after I get the rear axle sorted out!