Bullnose Forums

Speed control cable [E0TZ-9A820-E] - NOS

Appears to be for early trucks only... doesn't match what's on my 1984 (I think the listing said 1980-1981 only?).

From our page at Documentation/Driveline/Speedometer Gears, Cables, & Sensors, it is a lower cable for the 1980 2wd w/factory installed speed control w/o ratio adapter, and 1981/85 2wd with auto tranny with factory installed speed control.

9a820-pn-2_orig.thumb.jpg.e9228de6f638b1bead2867351c862a08.jpg

From our page at Documentation/Driveline/Speedometer Gears, Cables, & Sensors, it is a lower cable for the 1980 2wd w/factory installed speed control w/o ratio adapter, and 1981/85 2wd with auto tranny with factory installed speed control.

I'm an idiot.

I thought they were saying this is the cruise control cable between the vacuum servo and the throttle... no, no, no. It's one of the speedometer cables, the one that goes between the speedo gear and the cruise control speed sensor.

Not the best part name... Or I don't have the best brain :nabble_anim_crazy:.

I'm an idiot.

I thought they were saying this is the cruise control cable between the vacuum servo and the throttle... no, no, no. It's one of the speedometer cables, the one that goes between the speedo gear and the cruise control speed sensor.

Not the best part name... Or I don't have the best brain :nabble_anim_crazy:.

Actually, the name for the part from the MPC is CABLE ASSY. (SPEED CONTROL). It is what the vendor called it that threw you.