Bullnose Forums

Installation Of A Pormido 998 Mirror/Camera System

Gary Lewis

If you go the 3D printing route in the oval, you will need to make sure you use Nylon filament. PLA (and maybe ABS) will not hold up to the weather/elements. All filaments can be painted and you prep them the same way you would a piece of plastic.

Thanks, but I think I'm going to use it mounted on the bumper rather than through the oval. The main reason for that is the work it would take to get it to work through the oval.

The camera needs to be tilted down at something like 20 to 25 degrees in order to be able to see the road close in front of the truck, which is one of the reasons for having it. And if you tilt it down that much then the hole in the oval is going to have to be that much larger.

And if you tilt it down that much the bottom of the view from the oval will be blocked by the winch and the bumper. You can kind of see that in the pic below which has the yard stick angling up from the winch's thimble, crossing the top of the bumper, and then hitting the top of the hood. So if the yard stick were to go to the oval the left end of it would be much farther in the air.

But I could mount it at the top of the top opening in the grille and it would have almost as good of view. http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/thinking-26_orig.jpg

Angle_From_Thimble__Bumper_To_Grille.jpg.0c1439260684833cbd4cd1c06beaec29.jpg

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic