Bullnose Forums

Locking hood handle and cable assembly [E5TZ-16914-A] - NOS

Buyer beware, I don't see the handle either. As said, it's rather large so should be clearly visible, even if it is black.

I would be asking for better pictures showing the handle in the bag.

From the description:

"This is a new factory Ford hood release cable with handle that fits 1980 to 1985 Ford trucks and Broncos. This part is discontinued from Ford. It does not include the lock cylinder. Package is unopened and part is new. Have only one. Part number is F5TZ-16914-A Hndl+ cable. Factory original part. Buyer to pay shipping. Only ship to USA addresses. No returns ask questions now. You can call your Ford dealer to verify fit no returns. "

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the description:

"This is a new factory Ford hood release cable with handle that fits 1980 to 1985 Ford trucks and Broncos. This part is discontinued from Ford. It does not include the lock cylinder. Package is unopened and part is new. Have only one. Part number is F5TZ-16914-A Hndl+ cable. Factory original part. Buyer to pay shipping. Only ship to USA addresses. No returns ask questions now. You can call your Ford dealer to verify fit no returns. "

To those who have one of these installed, how do you use it? My 84 came with the lock, and the PO kept a copy of the key in the lock so it was always ready, which IMO defeated the purpose. If you only carry one door key, that is attached to the ignition key, then to open the hood would require (just) a little which-key-do-I-need-to-use-first prioritizing. Bottom line, I find the non-locking version much more convenient. First world problems...

The metal handle is in the kit, it's integral to the part.

You can just make it out (in red) from the listing photo:

F3F9E0A1-A38B-4D8A-A459-B474E4AE00AF_1_201_a.jpeg.d159051641ca7d4c73e1337aa1ab0da6.jpeg

For a comparison, here's one I made earlier...:

hood-release.jpeg.603961fd82b644351e1d93f86e18b92a.jpeg

To those who have one of these installed, how do you use it? My 84 came with the lock, and the PO kept a copy of the key in the lock so it was always ready, which IMO defeated the purpose. If you only carry one door key, that is attached to the ignition key, then to open the hood would require (just) a little which-key-do-I-need-to-use-first prioritizing. Bottom line, I find the non-locking version much more convenient. First world problems...

The metal handle is in the kit, it's integral to the part.

You can just make it out (in red) from the listing photo:

For a comparison, here's one I made earlier...:

I have it for looks and disabled the lock feature as I agree that dealing with a key to open the hood is unnecessary.

You can leave it in the unlocked position, right Scott?

This is what I do with Espy.

it doesn't really have an unlocked position, if its fully seated in the sleeve you have to lock it to pull the key out (at least in mine). However, i simply just unlock the cylinder while its pulled out, and then gently push it as far back into the sleeve as it will go.

Doesn't look any different and avoids having to turn the truck off to open the hood, which gets annoying fast :)

it doesn't really have an unlocked position, if its fully seated in the sleeve you have to lock it to pull the key out (at least in mine). However, i simply just unlock the cylinder while its pulled out, and then gently push it as far back into the sleeve as it will go.

Doesn't look any different and avoids having to turn the truck off to open the hood, which gets annoying fast :)

That's correct though I didn't like it not being fully seated and why I removed the wafers

Functionally no difference though