Bullnose Forums

Radio capacitor [E0TZ-18832-A] - NOS

I didn't realize there was a different one for the early 1980 trucks:

80/ E-F-U100/350 "From 2/80" E0TZ 18832-A Located at ignition coil

SOLD... and not to me. Darn it. :nabble_smiley_angry:

If I knew what the correct capacitance is I'd just make one... but I haven't seen this info anywhere. Probably could use a mylar cap in this application.

SOLD... and not to me. Darn it. :nabble_smiley_angry:

If I knew what the correct capacitance is I'd just make one... but I haven't seen this info anywhere. Probably could use a mylar cap in this application.

They weren't used on the 4.9L six cylinder trucks. And since those engines used the same ignition, I have always assumed that Ford though those who bought that engine either wouldn't buy a radio or wouldn't mind a little static in it. :nabble_anim_confused:

1985-etm-page27.thumb.jpg.5e5095efef16b84bcbc9eb4a18bd8b13.jpg

They weren't used on the 4.9L six cylinder trucks. And since those engines used the same ignition, I have always assumed that Ford though those who bought that engine either wouldn't buy a radio or wouldn't mind a little static in it. :nabble_anim_confused:

drattttttt!

I'm starting to get engine noise in mine, and similarly don't know what the capacitance is. Also, I think whats on my radio is technically an inductor, which means something store-bought would be so much easier/better :nabble_smiley_cry:

drattttttt!

I'm starting to get engine noise in mine, and similarly don't know what the capacitance is. Also, I think whats on my radio is technically an inductor, which means something store-bought would be so much easier/better :nabble_smiley_cry:

oh wait - is this the gizmo that goes into the distributor? I think I read somewhere about that....if anyone happens to have one, it would be super to report out what the capacitance is! Its probably ~.2 mfd to let AC disturbance pass to ground.

There is also a gizmo attached to the radio itself which appears to be an inductor. I bet they work in tandem.

oh wait - is this the gizmo that goes into the distributor? I think I read somewhere about that....if anyone happens to have one, it would be super to report out what the capacitance is! Its probably ~.2 mfd to let AC disturbance pass to ground.

There is also a gizmo attached to the radio itself which appears to be an inductor. I bet they work in tandem.

No, this goes ON the coil. And it is a capacitor.