Bullnose Forums

Dealer A/C?

Sure is. Factory is integrated with the other HVAC controls under the radio. Haven't seen controls located there though...

The other giveaway is that the vents are added to the trim panels... not integrated. Rather than replace the panels, dealer air cut the old panels and snapped in vent inserts.

Sure is. Factory is integrated with the other HVAC controls under the radio. Haven't seen controls located there though...

The other giveaway is that the vents are added to the trim panels... not integrated. Rather than replace the panels, dealer air cut the old panels and snapped in vent inserts.

that's a first for me. I haven't seen controls mounted in the storage cubby like that

That's the style my 80 has

According to Mr. NumberDummy, back in 2007, there was a deluxe and economy version of dealer installed AC.

There are TWO different Ford dealer installed A/C units. One has a panel that runs across the dash and covers up the glove box. When this Deluxe unit was installed, it came with a hang on glove box.

The Economy dealer air uses a small rectangular control panel next to the radio. It has two A/C registers and two control knobs mounted horizontally.

If your A/C unit does not match either of these units, it's not Ford dealer installed A/C, but one sold by Sears, Climatic Air, Mark IV or ??

Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / SoCal Chapter Member / Part number research: 1928/89 FoMoCo vehicles.

According to Mr. NumberDummy, back in 2007, there was a deluxe and economy version of dealer installed AC.

There are TWO different Ford dealer installed A/C units. One has a panel that runs across the dash and covers up the glove box. When this Deluxe unit was installed, it came with a hang on glove box.

The Economy dealer air uses a small rectangular control panel next to the radio. It has two A/C registers and two control knobs mounted horizontally.

If your A/C unit does not match either of these units, it's not Ford dealer installed A/C, but one sold by Sears, Climatic Air, Mark IV or ??

Bill / Retired Ford Parts Manager / SoCal Chapter Member / Part number research: 1928/89 FoMoCo vehicles.

I wonder what he meant about "next to the radio"? Replacing the HVAC controls? Or in the little cubby like this one?

Good find David!

It may have been covered elsewhere in the thread where that post came from but just wanted to clarify on the last sentence -

I would say it instead like this: If the dealer didn't swap out the normal HVAC controls, these are the two other dealer install types.