Bullnose Forums

A Bit Of Help Testing New Forum?!?!

Hi,

Tried to login from:

MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra/Intel Mac): Safari, Chrome, Firefox = No login success

MacOS 11.6.1 (Big Sure/M1 Mac): Safari, Chrome = No login success

iOS 14.8.1 (iPhone 12 Mini): Safari, Chrome, Firefox = No login success

iOS 14.4.2 (iPad Pro): Safari, Chrome, Firefox = No login success

Always getting same message:

Capture_dcran_le_2021-12-03__17.jpg.024cc47ef38349fc0fb4f7cd8bc23543.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this version of the forum is from July - prior to you joining. So it doesn't know about you! Register and I'll approve your membership and then you can test. I'd use the same credentials as you have here.

Haha! This explains that!

I suspected something that kind...

I'll redo the test. As you understand, there's a lot of Apple systems around me. We'll see how they interact with the new server.

But if I click on the link in the menu to New Bullnose Test Forum, which goes to the forum embedded on the website, I'm not logged in and cannot log in. But if I use Firefox I can log in.

So could some of you do some testing? You can post or do whatever you want on the New Bullnose Test Forum as it'll get replaced with this forum when we migrate. So you can see if email notifications work, or whatever.

THANKS!

I just tried logging in via the link above, and it recognizes my password, but doesn't say that I'm logged in. Furthermore, I noticed upon clicking on individual threads, it won't open any of them. I can open the different subsections, but individual threads do nothing. I'm not sure if that's related or not. I'm running Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.

But if I click on the link in the menu to New Bullnose Test Forum, which goes to the forum embedded on the website, I'm not logged in and cannot log in. But if I use Firefox I can log in.

So could some of you do some testing? You can post or do whatever you want on the New Bullnose Test Forum as it'll get replaced with this forum when we migrate. So you can see if email notifications work, or whatever.

THANKS!

I just tried logging in via the link above, and it recognizes my password, but doesn't say that I'm logged in. Furthermore, I noticed upon clicking on individual threads, it won't open any of them. I can open the different subsections, but individual threads do nothing. I'm not sure if that's related or not. I'm running Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.

Shaun - Thanks. It wouldn't show the threads to me either. So I backed out a change I'd made and it does now. Please give it another try - after refreshing your browser.

Yes, that's what I see as well. Thanks.

I gave a try with more recent Firefox version (v95.0): Login success, but can't go anywhere else.

BUT, this is also the case for all other browsers, seems that anything goes today! From any of them (Chrome, Firefox, Safari):

- "Not embedded" test site: Any button opens a 404 error page.

- Embedded test site: Buttons do not react, but if I "force" to open in a new window, I obtain the same 404 message:

Capture_dcran_2021-12-09__11.png.b67d7ff5092011cc80d376e860dd7a1a.png

Well, bad day for the new site!

Yes, that's what I see as well. Thanks.

Time for an update. I think I found another problem. :nabble_smiley_cry:

Thinking that the domain name might be part of the problem I changed the domain name on the test forum to "forum.bullnoseenthusiasts.com". And what that means is that the straight-in access to the forum on the AWS servers won't work, but the embedded version will.

HOWEVER, not only can I not log in via anything but Firefox, I can't read any threads.

They say it is darkest before the dawn. :nabble_smiley_cry:

I gave a try with more recent Firefox version (v95.0): Login success, but can't go anywhere else.

BUT, this is also the case for all other browsers, seems that anything goes today! From any of them (Chrome, Firefox, Safari):

- "Not embedded" test site: Any button opens a 404 error page.

- Embedded test site: Buttons do not react, but if I "force" to open in a new window, I obtain the same 404 message:

Well, bad day for the new site!

Ships, night. I was testing by redirecting everything to the embedded forum. That killed your ability to go straight in, and also seems to prevent you from doing anything if you get in, like via Firefox.

:nabble_anim_crazy: