Bullnose Forums

A Bit Of Help Testing New Forum?!?!

Hey folks, Pedro has gotten https working on the AWS servers so we are extremely close to being able to migrate to them. However, I am having a log-in problem and would like some of you to test and see if you have the same problem.

The problem is that if I use Chrome and go directly into the forum on the AWS servers I can log in successfully. But if I click on the link in the menu to New Bullnose Test Forum, which goes to the forum embedded on the website, I'm not logged in and cannot log in. But if I use Firefox I can log in.

So could some of you do some testing? You can post or do whatever you want on the New Bullnose Test Forum as it'll get replaced with this forum when we migrate. So you can see if email notifications work, or whatever.

THANKS!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks, Pedro has gotten https working on the AWS servers so we are extremely close to being able to migrate to them. However, I am having a log-in problem and would like some of you to test and see if you have the same problem.

The problem is that if I use Chrome and go directly into the forum on the AWS servers I can log in successfully. But if I click on the link in the menu to New Bullnose Test Forum, which goes to the forum embedded on the website, I'm not logged in and cannot log in. But if I use Firefox I can log in.

So could some of you do some testing? You can post or do whatever you want on the New Bullnose Test Forum as it'll get replaced with this forum when we migrate. So you can see if email notifications work, or whatever.

THANKS!

I just clicked on the New Bullnose Test Forum link in your email, and my login info and pwd did not work. I use two non-Goolag Chrome browsers. One is called Dissenter and the other is Brave. I keep Firefox around here somewhere but have not had to use it for many months now, maybe a year. My generic Chrome browsers work even for banking and financial sites now. I'll try from Firefox ... stand by please ...

operators are sitting by ... don't touch that dial ... brought to you by Mutual of Omaha ... and now our muscular assistant Steve is going to update Firefox then wrestle this huge alligator for us ... whoops, bye Steve ... somebody call a funeral home ...

Yes it works from Firefox only. I posted a message.

THANKS!

I just clicked on the New Bullnose Test Forum link in your email, and my login info and pwd did not work. I use two non-Goolag Chrome browsers. One is called Dissenter and the other is Brave. I keep Firefox around here somewhere but have not had to use it for many months now, maybe a year. My generic Chrome browsers work even for banking and financial sites now. I'll try from Firefox ... stand by please ...

operators are sitting by ... don't touch that dial ... brought to you by Mutual of Omaha ... and now our muscular assistant Steve is going to update Firefox then wrestle this huge alligator for us ... whoops, bye Steve ... somebody call a funeral home ...

Yes it works from Firefox only. I posted a message.

Thanks, a bunch! You are running on Windows 10?

And, I see your posts.

Folks, I really need your help trying different things. For instance, Dane's iPad and Safari works, but it doesn't work on my wife's iPad with either Safari or Chrome. So I need to know what works and what doesn't so I can find the common denominators.

And, I see your posts.

Folks, I really need your help trying different things. For instance, Dane's iPad and Safari works, but it doesn't work on my wife's iPad with either Safari or Chrome. So I need to know what works and what doesn't so I can find the common denominators.

We're all on W10 v1903 in our house. I use an exe that locks the registry against automatic updates.

A friend from my software past quit his cushy MS job and went private consultant after fighting their idea to censor in real time what you may type. That's coming down the pike one of these years soon. No more hate words allowed, oh for joy.

We'll stay on v1903 as long as possible, then go to a Linux flavor. Do we have users on Linux already? We have one old server but it does not go on the web, just serves backup.

And, I see your posts.

Hi,

Tried to login from:

MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra/Intel Mac): Safari, Chrome, Firefox = No login success

MacOS 11.6.1 (Big Sure/M1 Mac): Safari, Chrome = No login success

iOS 14.8.1 (iPhone 12 Mini): Safari, Chrome, Firefox = No login success

iOS 14.4.2 (iPad Pro): Safari, Chrome, Firefox = No login success