Bullnose Forums

Under hood storage/tool box - used

It's not overpriced if you can find a sucker willing to pay it. :nabble_money-mouth-face-23x23_orig:

Not to say it is priced right though... nobody that dumb or desperate, yet! :nabble_money-flying-23_orig:

Does look nice though but quite the chunk of change. If someone wanted something like this for practical purposes (and not the somewhat rarity of it), they'd be better off installing the aux battery bracket. Could make a box to mount there for a whole lot less.

Did these come with a metal hinge? For some reason I was thinking it was plastic and problematic like the hvac door.

Does look nice though but quite the chunk of change. If someone wanted something like this for practical purposes (and not the somewhat rarity of it), they'd be better off installing the aux battery bracket. Could make a box to mount there for a whole lot less.

Did these come with a metal hinge? For some reason I was thinking it was plastic and problematic like the hvac door.

The hinge was metal, it’s the plastic latch that was problematic, and usually broken.

Thanks Vic!

It won't be "authentic/stock" but given how much room there is under the hood I was planning on making one out of fiberglass. Simple boxes are pretty easy to do. If anybody is interested maybe I'll post a Youtube video on it. But I probably won't make it exactly the same size as the original. I would prefer something narrow (so the weight of the tools and windshield washer tank aren't cantilevered so far out) and longer (I like to keep a small crowbar in my tool kit, plus some spare parts).

Thanks for posting this link because there are a ton of photos. I've never seen so many good views of this unit. It'll be a great help making something to mimic it.

It won't be "authentic/stock" but given how much room there is under the hood I was planning on making one out of fiberglass. Simple boxes are pretty easy to do. If anybody is interested maybe I'll post a Youtube video on it. But I probably won't make it exactly the same size as the original. I would prefer something narrow (so the weight of the tools and windshield washer tank aren't cantilevered so far out) and longer (I like to keep a small crowbar in my tool kit, plus some spare parts).

Thanks for posting this link because there are a ton of photos. I've never seen so many good views of this unit. It'll be a great help making something to mimic it.

I think a video or at least a how-to with lots of pics would be very helpful, and we can put it on the site.

Speaking of lots of pics, have you found our page at Documentation/Underhood/Toolbox? I have one of the boxes so could get any measurements you might need.