Bullnose Forums

86 F350 Rear drake drums?

ARM Ashby

Ok, first thing cab and chassis trucks used a Dana axle, either 60 or 70 and should have hub and drum assemblies. I don't know if the frame and spring spacing are the same as DRW pickups, I do know the pickup wheel spacing is wider so the bed is 50" side to side at the inner fender area.

The Sterling 10.25" has removable drums (slide on) which makes brake servicing much easier. My AllData is not super informative, but does show 2 different brake drums, a 12X3 and a 12 1/8X3.

Ok, first thing cab and chassis trucks used a Dana axle, either 60 or 70 and should have hub and drum assemblies. I don't know if the frame and spring spacing are the same as DRW pickups, I do know the pickup wheel spacing is wider so the bed is 50" side to side at the inner fender area.

The Sterling 10.25" has removable drums (slide on) which makes brake servicing much easier. My AllData is not super informative, but does show 2 different brake drums, a 12X3 and a 12 1/8X3.

Don’t the drums have their size stamped on the end?

It is a Sterling 10.25 Dif. Drums slide on/off. They have max drum OD 304 MM. The shoes are 12"x3". I am looking for possible info for better quality Than NAPA.

I think I put AutoZone Duralast on Darth when I changed the axle to get a limited slip but that was 10 years ago. I did go to wider shoes since the drums were wider.

It is a Sterling 10.25 Dif. Drums slide on/off. They have max drum OD 304 MM. The shoes are 12"x3". I am looking for possible info for better quality Than NAPA.

Have you looked at Rock Auto? Looking at that seems to say the BENDIX PDR0550 you were looking at might be good. But RA put a heart by the ACDELCO 18B141 Gold / Professional - assuming you have 5.31 IN Wide Drums.

Have you looked at Rock Auto? Looking at that seems to say the BENDIX PDR0550 you were looking at might be good. But RA put a heart by the ACDELCO 18B141 Gold / Professional - assuming you have 5.31 IN Wide Drums.

It seems to be hit or miss on the parts manufacturers anymore, it’s frustrating.

I like NAPA, but I understand what you’re saying. I got two bad or incorrectly manufactured pickup coils last summer from NAPA.

I just don’t know, I would try the Bendix, I would expect good parts from them.

It seems to be hit or miss on the parts manufacturers anymore, it’s frustrating.

I like NAPA, but I understand what you’re saying. I got two bad or incorrectly manufactured pickup coils last summer from NAPA.

I just don’t know, I would try the Bendix, I would expect good parts from them.

E5TZ-1126-A = PDR0550

I'd do the Bendix as well unless you have time and can watch ebay for some NOS to see if any pop up. I picked some NOS ones up off there last year and the price was really reasonable with free shipping.

E5TZ-1126-A = PDR0550

I'd do the Bendix as well unless you have time and can watch ebay for some NOS to see if any pop up. I picked some NOS ones up off there last year and the price was really reasonable with free shipping.

Thanks for the reply's. I have ben looking for NOS for some time. I ordered The Bendix PDR0550 from Rock Auto. I will report back after install. Gary the AC Delco 18B141 are for single rear wheel. Thanks again to all and have a safe holiday season.

• 1 month later...
I went with the Bendix PDR 0550 drums. These are 12"/3 1/2". I went with Raybestos 583 PG shoes shoes. They are 12 1/8" x31/2". All parts fit properly. This is a 11000 gvw dual rear wheel with a 10.25 Stearling dif. Hope this will help someone else down the road. There are multiple choices out there depending on which truck you have.