Bullnose Forums

DSO, FSO, LPO, and Regional vs District Offices

Jonathan - Could you check your pic of the cert label that has the special order code and see if it is 6 digits and if the first two are the district code?

I ask because I have the following on the web page, which I got from Bill:

A 2 digit DSO code = District Sales Office, and a 6 digit DSO = 1st 2 digits = District Sales Office, and the last 4 digits = Domestic Special Order.

Please take a look at the newly-revised DSO page: Specifications/DSO Codes. Do you think it is accurate? Does it explain the situation? Is it understandable?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please take a look at the newly-revised DSO page: Specifications/DSO Codes. Do you think it is accurate? Does it explain the situation? Is it understandable?

Gary, looks good to me, you might want to add the Canadian District codes as they are alpha-numeric and should be on one of the pictures I sent you.

Interesting thread Gary, and it is useful to know the region in which a truck was originally sold. Of course in my case I looked up 86 and it says ‘Recreation’ which isn’t terribly informative regarding region. Any idea what constituted the recreation code?

I was curious about the special order code and looked at all of my certification label pics from the junkyard. I think I took a bunch because we had a question about spring codes? Anyway, I found ~one that had a six digit code there. Unfortunately I don’t remember anything about the truck or what might have made it a special order. I will have to watch for it in the future.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but wouldn't that be for trucks sold to RV manufacturers to build motorhomes?

Jonathan - Could you check your pic of the cert label that has the special order code and see if it is 6 digits and if the first two are the district code?

A 2 digit DSO code = District Sales Office, and a 6 digit DSO = 1st 2 digits = District Sales Office, and the last 4 digits = Domestic Special Order.

9CA2321F-EE48-48FF-BE26-DC938ACD488B.jpeg.3b25c4dc5bad7032d67cb4d14953e3c1.jpeg

This is it Gary. It is 6 digits and the first two are 76 which would be Denver. Definitely a plausible scenario. I’m guessing the truck is gone since I took the pic almost a year ago, but if I get a chance I will look for it.... or any others with 6 digits.

Interesting thread Gary, and it is useful to know the region in which a truck was originally sold. Of course in my case I looked up 86 and it says ‘Recreation’ which isn’t terribly informative regarding region. Any idea what constituted the recreation code?

I was curious about the special order code and looked at all of my certification label pics from the junkyard. I think I took a bunch because we had a question about spring codes? Anyway, I found ~one that had a six digit code there. Unfortunately I don’t remember anything about the truck or what might have made it a special order. I will have to watch for it in the future.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but wouldn't that be for trucks sold to RV manufacturers to build motorhomes?

Recreation would probably also have a 6 digit DSO and an "incomplete vehicle" label. On an E series it would be a cutaway, just a chassis and driver's area with the RV manufacturer providing a separate label with their information.

Recreation would probably also have a 6 digit DSO and an "incomplete vehicle" label. On an E series it would be a cutaway, just a chassis and driver's area with the RV manufacturer providing a separate label with their information.

Mine does not have a 6 digit, just “86”. It is noteworthy though that the bed did not match, the rear axle had ‘92 painted on the cover, and I looked up the BOM number stamped on the tube of the front Dana 60 and it indicated it was for a DRW application. But there were no 4x4 DRW’s except CnC which mine is not...

5FCB9CEF-A594-453A-B97B-2CE85A9424DA.jpeg.08e5c66a3fe42c3e961bb5ea3cbf6070.jpeg

This is it Gary. It is 6 digits and the first two are 76 which would be Denver. Definitely a plausible scenario. I’m guessing the truck is gone since I took the pic almost a year ago, but if I get a chance I will look for it.... or any others with 6 digits.

Jonathan - Thanks. That pretty much confirms Bill's statement.

But I still have no clue on recreation.

The Canadian district codes were already there weren’t they? The first attachment has them.

Yes, Cory, they were. Well spotted. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Well, after having spent some time editing the last pic to get it straight, cropped, and clearer I'm inclined to leave it. Thoughts?