Bullnose Forums

DSO, FSO, LPO, and Regional vs District Offices

I've never seen, or maybe noticed, the "/" in a publication. Where did you find that? What page? I'd like to check my FSM's.

And, isn't an FSM official Ford Documentation?

In my 1984 FSM, it is page 10-00-3 where they have a picture of the door data tag, and an itemized list showing what each section is for.

Item 21 in mine is: District / Special Order Codes, or D/SO I guess.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my 1984 FSM, it is page 10-00-3 where they have a picture of the door data tag, and an itemized list showing what each section is for.

Item 21 in mine is: District / Special Order Codes, or D/SO I guess.

Thanks. I'll check my 1980, '81, and '85 out.

Grumpin/Bill - would you check the '86 version?

I will, I am also going to see what my 1994 Taurus manual and if I have it here the 1995 Lincoln Continental manual have under that section.

I will post what I have to you in an email later. I have 1980 Pinto/Bobcat/Mustang II, 1986 Truck, 1994 Taurus/Sable, 1995 Continental and 2011 Flex for information. In all but the Flex DSO is show as District code and a list of districts is provided, the Flex manual just sort of ignores it.

Thanks. I'll check my 1980, '81, and '85 out.

Grumpin/Bill - would you check the '86 version?

My 1986 FSM has District/Special Order Codes on page 10-00-3, item 21, like Rembrandts.

Ok, I'm convinced. Ford used the term DSO in at least two different ways in different publications: District Sales Office and Domestic Special Order.

My plan is write up our findings and explain things on the Specifications/DSO Codes page. And then I'll let y'all know I've done it and you can read it and tell me what you think.

And, I'm going to use several of the pictures you've so kindly posted - or emailed like Bill did. (Thanks, Bill.) I'll create a collage that you can click on to see how Ford used the term and explain in the caption from whence it came.

Thanks!

Ok, I'm convinced. Ford used the term DSO in at least two different ways in different publications: District Sales Office and Domestic Special Order.

My plan is write up our findings and explain things on the Specifications/DSO Codes page. And then I'll let y'all know I've done it and you can read it and tell me what you think.

And, I'm going to use several of the pictures you've so kindly posted - or emailed like Bill did. (Thanks, Bill.) I'll create a collage that you can click on to see how Ford used the term and explain in the caption from whence it came.

Thanks!

No problem sir, it looks like it was an evolving term.

Thanks!

Interesting thread Gary, and it is useful to know the region in which a truck was originally sold. Of course in my case I looked up 86 and it says ‘Recreation’ which isn’t terribly informative regarding region. Any idea what constituted the recreation code?

I was curious about the special order code and looked at all of my certification label pics from the junkyard. I think I took a bunch because we had a question about spring codes? Anyway, I found ~one that had a six digit code there. Unfortunately I don’t remember anything about the truck or what might have made it a special order. I will have to watch for it in the future.

Interesting thread Gary, and it is useful to know the region in which a truck was originally sold. Of course in my case I looked up 86 and it says ‘Recreation’ which isn’t terribly informative regarding region. Any idea what constituted the recreation code?

I was curious about the special order code and looked at all of my certification label pics from the junkyard. I think I took a bunch because we had a question about spring codes? Anyway, I found ~one that had a six digit code there. Unfortunately I don’t remember anything about the truck or what might have made it a special order. I will have to watch for it in the future.

I don't know what "recreation" or "recreation vehicle pool" means. And I've done some surfing trying to find out, to no avail. There are all kinds of opinions, but none that made any sense.

On the special order codes, we may not be able to figure them out. But, at least we can try - especially if you can find the truck and determine what might be special about it. Anyway, it is comforting to know that there are special order trucks out there, and probably domestic special order ones given it is in the US.

I don't know what "recreation" or "recreation vehicle pool" means. And I've done some surfing trying to find out, to no avail. There are all kinds of opinions, but none that made any sense.

On the special order codes, we may not be able to figure them out. But, at least we can try - especially if you can find the truck and determine what might be special about it. Anyway, it is comforting to know that there are special order trucks out there, and probably domestic special order ones given it is in the US.

Jonathan - Could you check your pic of the cert label that has the special order code and see if it is 6 digits and if the first two are the district code?

I ask because I have the following on the web page, which I got from Bill:

A 2 digit DSO code = District Sales Office, and a 6 digit DSO = 1st 2 digits = District Sales Office, and the last 4 digits = Domestic Special Order.