Bullnose Forum

Ol'blue's rearend modifications

bullnose1985

I'm surprised. With the mesh replacing the tread plate, and the tread plate gone in the middle I expected it would still be lighter with the "bull bar" and tow points.

What the bull bar made out of

Hi Gary,

Mostly half inch. The plates behind the loop mounts are half inch, the tube is 7/16, grade 8 hardware very heavy.

I use the bull bar for recovery tasks and arborists activities.

I don't have any pictures of the bull bar build on my phone. New phone. I have built four of them for people here in the area will zero failures. It was fun to build too.

Hi Gary,

Mostly half inch. The plates behind the loop mounts are half inch, the tube is 7/16, grade 8 hardware very heavy.

I use the bull bar for recovery tasks and arborists activities.

I don't have any pictures of the bull bar build on my phone. New phone. I have built four of them for people here in the area will zero failures. It was fun to build too.

Sounds like it is SOLID, which is the way I like to build things. :nabble_smiley_good:

So it bolts to the frame and the clevis mounts pretty directly there?

Sounds like it is SOLID, which is the way I like to build things. :nabble_smiley_good:

So it bolts to the frame and the clevis mounts pretty directly there?

Yes it ties into the frame channel at the top, bottom and sides about 18" into the frame channel with high sheer grade 8 bolts. If I figured correctly it would blow a u-joint or burn a clutch before it would move that mount.

I have made a few as I have spoke about before. One of them was to pull a 6x6 out of a creek bed. I was a little surprised but at the angle and elevation of the puller certainly worked it the pullers favor.

Yes it ties into the frame channel at the top, bottom and sides about 18" into the frame channel with high sheer grade 8 bolts. If I figured correctly it would blow a u-joint or burn a clutch before it would move that mount.

I have made a few as I have spoke about before. One of them was to pull a 6x6 out of a creek bed. I was a little surprised but at the angle and elevation of the puller certainly worked it the pullers favor.

That does sound like it is solid. Having designed a rear bumper/spare tire mount that ties into the frame in the same area, I'd say yours is even stronger than mine - and it is strong. :nabble_smiley_good: