Bullnose Forum

Hi From Missouri

bullnose1985

I actually can't delete user ID's. So just pick the one you want to use and go for it.

As for transmissions, I don't believe you'll find a T-19 for the small-block pattern. I think it only came on 460's and the diesels. Instead, the T-18 and NP-435 were used for the smaller engines.

But ZF5's did come in all three bolt patterns - small-block, 460, and diesel. However, like the T-19, there were two gear sets - wide ratio for the gassers and narrow for the diesel. And the small-block pattern had an internal slave cylinder inside the bell housing, but the 460 and diesel had an external slave.

In other words, you have to figure out which engine you want, or at least which bolt pattern, so you can get the tranny for it.

And keep me in mind on the CT90K1.

Hi Gary,

Oh I am sorry to hear that I bought a small block hydraulic bellhousing with the intent of bolting the T-19 to the 300. So to wrap my head around this. The small block bellhousing won't bolt to the T-19? It took a bit of machine time but I got a jeep 258 bellhousing to work with a SM465 truck transmission.

That really is to bad. It would have been a good match with the all around gearing too. Oh well.

I just started to read your write up on putting the ZF in your dad's truck. Very interesting and a great write up! Your drawings are great!

I was digging thru my 300 stuff to day and think i have a forged 300 crank. So a bit of good news.

Yes sir I will let you know on the CT90K1

Hi Gary,

Oh I am sorry to hear that I bought a small block hydraulic bellhousing with the intent of bolting the T-19 to the 300. So to wrap my head around this. The small block bellhousing won't bolt to the T-19? It took a bit of machine time but I got a jeep 258 bellhousing to work with a SM465 truck transmission.

That really is to bad. It would have been a good match with the all around gearing too. Oh well.

I just started to read your write up on putting the ZF in your dad's truck. Very interesting and a great write up! Your drawings are great!

I was digging thru my 300 stuff to day and think i have a forged 300 crank. So a bit of good news.

Yes sir I will let you know on the CT90K1

Well, actually, I forgot that the T-19 has a removable bell housing. So you may well be able to bolt a T-19 to a small-block bell housing. :nabble_smiley_good:

Of course, that assumes that the input shaft is the same, and I don't have a clue about that. (I do know that the ZF5's input shaft is different between the small block and 460 or diesel.)

So, keep the faith! I think it might just work.

As for the ZF5 in Dad's truck, that work paid off for many people as Tim Meyer now makes the adapters commercially from my drawings. So a whole bunch of M-Block owners can enjoy the low first gear and over-drive top gear of the ZF5.

A forged 300 crank? That's cool! Perhaps you can put it to good use. Build up an awesome six and show us how it is done. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well, actually, I forgot that the T-19 has a removable bell housing. So you may well be able to bolt a T-19 to a small-block bell housing. :nabble_smiley_good:

Of course, that assumes that the input shaft is the same, and I don't have a clue about that. (I do know that the ZF5's input shaft is different between the small block and 460 or diesel.)

So, keep the faith! I think it might just work.

As for the ZF5 in Dad's truck, that work paid off for many people as Tim Meyer now makes the adapters commercially from my drawings. So a whole bunch of M-Block owners can enjoy the low first gear and over-drive top gear of the ZF5.

A forged 300 crank? That's cool! Perhaps you can put it to good use. Build up an awesome six and show us how it is done. :nabble_smiley_good:

Shall do my friend