Bullnose Forums

New dash cover

IowaTom

I took what looks to be the original dash top or cover off my '85 F150 in hopes of buying a replacement. I've seen the ones on Ebay and would like input from anyone who has replaced theirs. Do the repops fit right? Do they go over my original or in place of?

Hmm, I have a pic but can't seem to upload it.

There are two kinds:

• Covers: These are thin plastic and go over the existing pad. The Coverlay one I bought about a year for about $200 is better than those I've been around before as it covers better. But even the old ones did a good job. For anything short of a full-on restoration I think they are fine.

• Replacement Pads: These are complete replacements for the old pad and are really nice. I'll put one on Dad's truck when the time comes. Last I saw they were approaching $500.

There are two kinds:

• Covers: These are thin plastic and go over the existing pad. The Coverlay one I bought about a year for about $200 is better than those I've been around before as it covers better. But even the old ones did a good job. For anything short of a full-on restoration I think they are fine.

• Replacement Pads: These are complete replacements for the old pad and are really nice. I'll put one on Dad's truck when the time comes. Last I saw they were approaching $500.

Also if you look around for a dash pad from a f700 1980 to 1997 or 8 they are the same dash pad thats were i got mine just have to be patient, only paid 100 dollars good luck

Got it!

I'm very particular about what I put on my truck and usually go the more expensive route, which would have been a new dash pad. However, I chose a Dash Topper which is basically a plastic cover for the entire dash. It looks like the dash and you can hardly discern it from the dash. If I had to do it again, I'd go the same route. It will never crack out like the old dash pad do.

I'm very particular about what I put on my truck and usually go the more expensive route, which would have been a new dash pad. However, I chose a Dash Topper which is basically a plastic cover for the entire dash. It looks like the dash and you can hardly discern it from the dash. If I had to do it again, I'd go the same route. It will never crack out like the old dash pad do.

Thank you, guys!!

As always, a huge help.

You might take that one to an automotive upholsterer and see how much they would charge you. I paid a few hundred to a local upholsterer, who patched up the speaker hole and covered it in vinyl. You can see some pictures of it in this thread.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/81-Interior-makeover-td90007.html#a90027

Beautiful job, Pete!

I like your radio and plan to replace the one a previous owner put in. Simple is better for me.

You might take that one to an automotive upholsterer and see how much they would charge you. I paid a few hundred to a local upholsterer, who patched up the speaker hole and covered it in vinyl. You can see some pictures of it in this thread.

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/81-Interior-makeover-td90007.html#a90027

Thanks Pete for the link!

Interesting!