Bullnose Forums

XLT name plates (pair) [E0TZ-9940282-A] - NOS

Correct, Shaun.

Plate name (tailgate) "XLT" (1980/81) E0TZ 9940282-A

That's interesting. Upon looking in the Name Plate section here, there is a different part number for the inserts on a Bronco B-Pillar. I know they're of a similar size to the tailgate insert, so I wonder what the difference is?

Correct, Shaun.

That's interesting. Upon looking in the Name Plate section here, there is a different part number for the inserts on a Bronco B-Pillar. I know they're of a similar size to the tailgate insert, so I wonder what the difference is?

Might the difference be adhesive mount vs studs?

Correct, Shaun.

The difference is the ones that go on the B-Pillar will have a chrome frame around it. The same difference is in the "LARIAT" nameplates.

The difference is the ones that go on the B-Pillar will have a chrome frame around it. The same difference is in the "LARIAT" nameplates.

The tailgate emblems do too. I've seen it often on early tailgates where the insert has fallen off. All that is left is the chrome frame. :nabble_anim_confused:

Gary may be onto something with the adhesive versus posts, I didn't think of that. There were no posts on the emblem for the tailgate on my F150.