Bullnose Forums

Cheap AZ short bed F150

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice truck - especially for the price. Obviously has an '82+ grille. As for the bezels, I'll defer to you.

However, I like the "7 Band Graphic Equalizer" under the dash! Had one of those on some vehicle and loved it. So, somebody was into audio, and while the steering wheel blocks the view of the radio, it may have been changed out.

Nice truck - especially for the price. Obviously has an '82+ grille. As for the bezels, I'll defer to you.

However, I like the "7 Band Graphic Equalizer" under the dash! Had one of those on some vehicle and loved it. So, somebody was into audio, and while the steering wheel blocks the view of the radio, it may have been changed out.

I’m wanting to say 1982 because it appears to be fairly original and is DS2. Also the mistake of calling it a ‘81 might be from looking at the manufacture date on the certification label. Just a hunch.

I’m wanting to say 1982 because it appears to be fairly original and is DS2. Also the mistake of calling it a ‘81 might be from looking at the manufacture date on the certification label. Just a hunch.

That makes sense - it could be a late '81 manufacturing date.

Did the 300's go to feedback carb in '83? (I could look it up in the calibration codes, but I'm lazy.)

That makes sense - it could be a late '81 manufacturing date.

Did the 300's go to feedback carb in '83? (I could look it up in the calibration codes, but I'm lazy.)

From my experience in junkyarding, yes. The I-6 seemed to have gone feedback in 1983. However I have seen it on a 82 F150 (perhaps a CA truck?).

Does not appear to be a 1981 as advertised (82/83 if black weave bezels are original), but is sure is a nice clean straight SWB for $1050

The F100 fender emblems with the long F also indicate 1982-1983.

Again, as I always say, if this thing were close to me I'd buy it in a heartbeat, just to have a nice rust free Bullnose.

From my experience in junkyarding, yes. The I-6 seemed to have gone feedback in 1983. However I have seen it on a 82 F150 (perhaps a CA truck?).

For 49 state models, I believe the change was made in 1984 and went through 1986.

Yes definitely not '83 on the feedback system.

Yes definitely not '83 on the feedback system.

This is a complex question/issue. Assuming that a truck with an O2 sensor has a feedback system, I found CA-spec trucks with them in '82. As for the non-CA, or 49-State, trucks, here's one w/a 300 six from 1983 that had it, but only one.

Calibration_Parts_List_280.thumb.jpg.77e7ce4d6fc5ef19892fbb49b829d313.jpg

This is a complex question/issue. Assuming that a truck with an O2 sensor has a feedback system, I found CA-spec trucks with them in '82. As for the non-CA, or 49-State, trucks, here's one w/a 300 six from 1983 that had it, but only one.

I wonder if the one you found, Gary, might be one of the early "gas mileage" models? If so, it might also have the tiny air dam on the front bumper, the upshift indicator and 2.47 rear gears as well as 205 or 215/75X15 tires.