Bullnose Forums

Transmission lines

Hello everybody

I need to change the transmission lines on my Bronco. I ordered a set in stainless steel from LMC and when they showed up the fittings on the transmission side are male, but the fittings on the radiator side are female. My radiators only accepts male fittings, so you can see my problem. Has anyone else run into this issue? How did you resolve it? Inline Tube sells a set for 2WD (F Series) applications that have the correct fitting at the radiator, but I'm not sure if they'd work. Any help would be appreciated.

I've not run into that, but have heard that others have had similar problems.

Have you seen this thread: Transmission cooler connectors [E2TZ-7D273-A] - NOS? I don't know if they might help, but...

Also, I've had absolutely no joy from Inline Tube. I bought stainless brake lines for Dad's truck from them and NOTHING fit. I will not buy from them again. Having said that, I don't know that their transmission lines won't fit. I just don't believe in Inline Tube.

Have you seen this thread: Transmission cooler connectors [E2TZ-7D273-A] - NOS? I don't know if they might help, but...

Also, I've had absolutely no joy from Inline Tube. I bought stainless brake lines for Dad's truck from them and NOTHING fit. I will not buy from them again. Having said that, I don't know that their transmission lines won't fit. I just don't believe in Inline Tube.

That's not exactly what I'm looking for. Those fittings would be for the O.E. lines to the radiator. I've got female fitting on the line going to a female opening on the radiator, so I'd need a male/male adapter. I know the fitting on the new line is 1/2 inch 20. I looked through the documentation on this site, and it doesn't show a difference for 2WD or 4WD applications. I wonder why the aftermarket is specific between the two.

If you could post pics that may be helpful.