Bullnose Forums

Miles per gallon

delco1946

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This jogged my memory and I thought some of you older guys would enjoy this...

OMG!

:nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Holly, Big Brother, heavy... All there!

:nabble_anim_claps::nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I was getting 10 with 302, M5OD, guessing 3.55 gears. AC was terrible noisy and shaking all over. Thought the compressor was going bad. Took it to my guy. He kept it a half hour, called me and said there were 3 bolts missing from under side of compressor and he replaced those.

Now I get 11. Go figure. Belts not fighting the pulleys, I guess?

I was getting 10 with 302, M5OD, guessing 3.55 gears. AC was terrible noisy and shaking all over. Thought the compressor was going bad. Took it to my guy. He kept it a half hour, called me and said there were 3 bolts missing from under side of compressor and he replaced those.

That is a 10% improvement! :nabble_anim_claps:

And seems to indicate that there may be some free extra mileage by just getting everything working properly?

And seems to indicate that there may be some free extra mileage by just getting everything working properly?

randy i thought about you yesterday while driving through "mayberry". i had not seen you post in a while. how is the truck coming along aside from the missing bolts?

randy i thought about you yesterday while driving through "mayberry". i had not seen you post in a while. how is the truck coming along aside from the missing bolts?

Hey Mat, and everyone else, too. Since I lost my job back in April, I don't have computer access like I did. And I've been so much busier, I don't have as much time to look around any of my forums. Crazy, eh? Lol

I have to use my phone or tablet, which are more aggravating to me.

I'm remodeling my step dad's house. That has been a 2 month project, with probably another month to go. And I want to build a deck at home before it gets too cold. So, yeah, I'm busier that when I had a "real" job.

And my truck has become a real work truck. It is handling that just fine of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Big Brother actually weighs 9300? Or, more likely, he has a 9300 GVWR?

Gary, my local junk yard has a weighing station. Today (while buying a radiator) the owner accepted to freely weight Big Brother.

Empty truck, fully fueled (curb weight) = 5533 lbs.

Note that Big Bro doesn't carry accessories, no A/C, no electrical windows, just one 19 gallons tank, very basic truck.