Bullnose Forums

Thoughts On New Approach, Please?

Gary Lewis

I think it’s fine. I didn’t have trouble navigating. Makes sense to me.

Interesting what Bill mentioned about the 460 air cleaner.

Dane - Thanks. And on the air cleaner, I don't have one of the 460 air cleaners to show. Maybe Bill does?

John - I really like the new layout. And while it took ~2 days for this one, now that I have thought through the how-to I think I might be able to do others more quickly. However, I'd really like to get back to working on my trucks, plural, so may give the website a rest for a bit. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dane - Thanks. And on the air cleaner, I don't have one of the 460 air cleaners to show. Maybe Bill does?

I have that air cleaner if you need a picture let me know. Unless Bill has one already.

I'm not sure Bill does, so if you could post some pics that would help. And especially of the rear trap door.

John - I really like the new layout. And while it took ~2 days for this one, now that I have thought through the how-to I think I might be able to do others more quickly. However, I'd really like to get back to working on my trucks, plural, so may give the website a rest for a bit. :nabble_smiley_wink:

That's great, Gary! Let me know if I can be of help in that. No problem making a day trip to Skiatook!

That's great, Gary! Let me know if I can be of help in that. No problem making a day trip to Skiatook!

Thanks, John. May take you up on that, but a bit later.

Right now I'm just finishing up the move from the old air cleaner pages to the new page. I think I'm there. Old pages deleted and redirected to the new page. And the name of the section has changed from Fuel Sytems to Fuel & Air Systems and the old URL has been redirected to the new URL.

So I think I'm done. But if anyone finds a glitch please let me know.

Thanks, John. May take you up on that, but a bit later.

Right now I'm just finishing up the move from the old air cleaner pages to the new page. I think I'm there. Old pages deleted and redirected to the new page. And the name of the section has changed from Fuel Sytems to Fuel & Air Systems and the old URL has been redirected to the new URL.

So I think I'm done. But if anyone finds a glitch please let me know.

Gary, from time to time, when I'm looking for some parts, I give a try at my local Ford dealer (we never know). Usually they don't have what I am looking for. The guy at the parts department knows very well his stock, he works there for almost 40 years.

Last time I went, talking with the guy about BigBrother's restoration, he told me that he kept at home all the original parts catalogs instead of throwing them to garbage. Not sure about the exact nature of these documents, but I surely can ask more precision, if you think this could be interesting.

Gary, from time to time, when I'm looking for some parts, I give a try at my local Ford dealer (we never know). Usually they don't have what I am looking for. The guy at the parts department knows very well his stock, he works there for almost 40 years.

Last time I went, talking with the guy about BigBrother's restoration, he told me that he kept at home all the original parts catalogs instead of throwing them to garbage. Not sure about the exact nature of these documents, but I surely can ask more precision, if you think this could be interesting.

Jeff - That is VERY interesting! Anything he has could be helpful, and since I am friends with Keith Dickson, who runs the FORDification site, basically anything he has could be used. Keith's site appears to start in 1961 and runs through 1979, and ours starts in '80 and runs through at least '96.

Of special interest would be the master parts catalogs in either microfiche or printed form.

So please talk to him and see what he has. Or what he might be willing to part with.

Thanks!