Bullnose Forums

Eye Candy 😍 Red XLS survivor

Ford F834

2E9E83A6-56BF-4B1F-8350-690ACFCFE7D8.jpeg.1a5414eb97e6d164abef4fbf5f2eb30d.jpeg

19FECB84-E94D-4A01-85AB-91672EA116A7.jpeg.d07a4207ed86eb9b3655a39098ac91cd.jpeg

8C326B48-2F73-47CD-BB59-2B11783358CF.jpeg.da3d574c08e1371cce3439bddc15375a.jpeg

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1542288/1983-ford-f150-for-sale-in-marina-del-rey-california-90292?fbclid=IwAR282cJrQhxjmGjP9hgKkOdpG9-KFPiTfBZt5g3WqmxZF1mQIzInZakKMe4

This was shared on the Facebook freewheel bronco page… I thought members here should see it! (These are only three of the 87 images posted). Only things I see missing are the original wheels and the black side window masks (maybe not all of them got it from the factory? This seems pretty darn original).

Gary, might this be worth asking the seller if we can archive the images on the documentation site? These are not only nice to look at but a good record of a 1983 straight six truck.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jonathan,

I saw this rig on Facebook the other day as well, and the first that I noticed also was the black missing from around the door windows. I noticed it immediately because one thing I really like about the XLS's is that black mask around those windows!!

Other than that, this thing is a beauty. I love it.

My only comments...

87 pictures and not a single pic of inside the bed???...lol.

The dual exhaust stands out as not original, but it looks great.

There's something up with the cluster. The speedo needle is nice and fresh looking and the others are all faded almost white. My first thought was that the speedo was changed, but it's possible the speedo is original and the others were swapped. Trucks with these pristine interiors don't usually have faded cluster needles. I would imagine that this truck has been stored inside. The cluster could have been changed for various reasons.

Regardless, it's gorgeous, and a fantastic find. I pray that a true enthusiast buys it and doesn't chop it all up.

Hey Jonathan,

I saw this rig on Facebook the other day as well, and the first that I noticed also was the black missing from around the door windows. I noticed it immediately because one thing I really like about the XLS's is that black mask around those windows!!

My only comments...

There's something up with the cluster. The speedo needle is nice and fresh looking and the others are all faded almost white. My first thought was that the speedo was changed, but it's possible the speedo is original and the others were swapped. Trucks with these pristine interiors don't usually have faded cluster needles. I would imagine that this truck has been stored inside. The cluster could have been changed for various reasons.

Regardless, it's gorgeous, and a fantastic find. I pray that a true enthusiast buys it and doesn't chop it all up.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-ford-f-150-xls/

Hey Jonathan,

My only comments...

Good eye on the cluster Cory. I saw the faded gauge needles and thought that was odd but it didn’t click that they were so different from the speedometer. It is likely a cluster swap/mix ‘n match as you said but makes you wonder why. No pics of the inside of the bed but the description says the wood was replaced last year. Maybe the photos were before the wood was replaced? 🤷‍♂️. It’s definitely odd though. Since the VIN is already public, I wish they would have posted an image of the Marti report…

Good eye on the cluster Cory. I saw the faded gauge needles and thought that was odd but it didn’t click that they were so different from the speedometer. It is likely a cluster swap/mix ‘n match as you said but makes you wonder why. No pics of the inside of the bed but the description says the wood was replaced last year. Maybe the photos were before the wood was replaced? 🤷‍♂️. It’s definitely odd though. Since the VIN is already public, I wish they would have posted an image of the Marti report…

When/if we get the green light to capture the pics I'll ask about the bed and the Marti report.