Bullnose Forums

New build thread

mat in tn

Today i got the rear bumper removed , the bed removed, rusted out gas tank removed, and the cab removed and slid back on the frame to the back wheels. Loaded up front fenders and a few smalls to restore in my home shop .headed home tomorrow. I have my list of hardware and parts to get too. The goal is to finsh the resto in progress there then be back to progress here in a few weeks

So, how far is it home? How far do you have to go to get the things you forgot to take?

I ask because I considered a shop some distance from our house, and have often wondered how that would have worked out.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, how far is it home? How far do you have to go to get the things you forgot to take?

I ask because I considered a shop some distance from our house, and have often wondered how that would have worked out.

I have a little land in salisbury nc. Planning a home build there to be near family. My family in nashville has thinned out i guess you could say. So my brother and nephew have a metal/ welding and auto custom shop. That is where i am doing the f100 along with a 67 mustang coupe, the coupe is stalled since covid so i picked up this. I built a custom mini bronco during the 2020 season and now close to done with my 86 xlt in tn.

I have a little land in salisbury nc. Planning a home build there to be near family. My family in nashville has thinned out i guess you could say. So my brother and nephew have a metal/ welding and auto custom shop. That is where i am doing the f100 along with a 67 mustang coupe, the coupe is stalled since covid so i picked up this. I built a custom mini bronco during the 2020 season and now close to done with my 86 xlt in tn.

Sounds like a good group of people to be close to. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 1 month later...

Got back to the shop this week.spent most of today stripping down the front half of the frame and wire brushing it downfor cleaning and surface prep before the por 15 coating.

That's a lot of work, but it will be worth it in the end. I have some places on Big Blue's frame that I've POR'd and it looks good.

was not able to finish the axle assembly as I had hoped. silly me. I forgot that the axle mount on the passenger side for the pivot of the driver side needed to be cleaned and restored independently. it's in the box of parts I brought home to do now. I plan to have all ready for assembly when I return in a couple weeks. and ready to start the rear half if possible. I really want to place the engine and trans asap. so lines can be run, and measurements can be taken etc.

was not able to finish the axle assembly as I had hoped. silly me. I forgot that the axle mount on the passenger side for the pivot of the driver side needed to be cleaned and restored independently. it's in the box of parts I brought home to do now. I plan to have all ready for assembly when I return in a couple weeks. and ready to start the rear half if possible. I really want to place the engine and trans asap. so lines can be run, and measurements can be taken etc.

Looking good, Matt! :nabble_smiley_good:

• 3 weeks later...