Bullnose Forums

New build thread

mat in tn

People are always asking “ when are you doing a coyote”? I guess im a little old fashioned. I like carburetors! I understand the power etc. but i can build a 351 to spin tires. Im not racing. I also like drivability. And i can do that without adding 10k or more to a build. It seems that there is always a 5.0 and or a 5.8 on a stand at any given time. Just all around hard to beat.

I can understand a 351W. Makes a lot of torque and are plentiful. And getting that power would be far less expensive than doing an Essex V6.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are always asking “ when are you doing a coyote”? I guess im a little old fashioned. I like carburetors! I understand the power etc. but i can build a 351 to spin tires. Im not racing. I also like drivability. And i can do that without adding 10k or more to a build. It seems that there is always a 5.0 and or a 5.8 on a stand at any given time. Just all around hard to beat.

Id rather do the 7.3 Godzilla motor its only marginally wider than a 351W compared to a 5.0 coyote which is a foot wider than the 351W.

I like this truck! Subscribed.

I like it too. Oddly enough i found it last year and tried getting the message through different people ( mainly my brother ) to the owner. Last week i met the owner in person for something else and he showed it to me among many other old cars and he priced it. I said “ sold”! I never mentioned that my brother dropped the ball for a year. I did not want to throw him under the bus in church.

I like it too. Oddly enough i found it last year and tried getting the message through different people ( mainly my brother ) to the owner. Last week i met the owner in person for something else and he showed it to me among many other old cars and he priced it. I said “ sold”! I never mentioned that my brother dropped the ball for a year. I did not want to throw him under the bus in church.

I don't think I'd worry about it, the church bus won't care. Throw him under there! :nabble_smiley_cool:

• 1 month later...

:nabble_smiley_evil:

We got started on the f100 today. Cleared out the backcorner of the shop and tucked it in . Iam taking pics as i go . The seat, floor mat, belts are out and both rockers need work. Small areas so im not doin pans. Cab corners look good. Odometer shows 50k but no telling if its rolled or how many times. Dealer air says ARA on the controll box under the dash pad and has an evap box above the glove box . At this time i may have named the truck “lefty”

We got started on the f100 today. Cleared out the backcorner of the shop and tucked it in . Iam taking pics as i go . The seat, floor mat, belts are out and both rockers need work. Small areas so im not doin pans. Cab corners look good. Odometer shows 50k but no telling if its rolled or how many times. Dealer air says ARA on the controll box under the dash pad and has an evap box above the glove box . At this time i may have named the truck “lefty”

Lefty? Why? Is he left-handed? :nabble_thinking-26_orig: