Bullnose Forums

New build thread

mat in tn

no, I'm looking at central NC. but it is time to go see dad!

well, the move is a major job. not complaining, just saying it's my new full-time job. no truck work getting done. but a new garage is exciting and the chance to organize as I go is cool too. I guess now is when I wish I was younger. but I'm not even old yet. I retired very early! ok, so I just quit. whatever. anyway, we bought an old house in Lexington NC. right at 30 miles from the workshop. that beats 430. and the garage at the house lets me work at home which is my goal. maybe part time at the other shop as it is family and if worth me moving for then I don't want to miss that. I'm going to stay " mat in tn " though as I will always have one foot in TN.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, the move is a major job. not complaining, just saying it's my new full-time job. no truck work getting done. but a new garage is exciting and the chance to organize as I go is cool too. I guess now is when I wish I was younger. but I'm not even old yet. I retired very early! ok, so I just quit. whatever. anyway, we bought an old house in Lexington NC. right at 30 miles from the workshop. that beats 430. and the garage at the house lets me work at home which is my goal. maybe part time at the other shop as it is family and if worth me moving for then I don't want to miss that. I'm going to stay " mat in tn " though as I will always have one foot in TN.

That’s cool, Matt! When is it happening? Show us pics.

That’s cool, Matt! When is it happening? Show us pics.

it's happening now. I have moved two truck/trailer loads to the garage already and one trip delivering my bronco 2. probably two or three loads more before I get to the house. hiring a big truck is a consideration but I'm going slowly and that would not really work with rental rates. also, we just moved my daughter last week and they did the big truck route. time sensitive! labor sensitive! and expensive! I'm moving at a more controlled pace. in fact, I'm taking today off. that's why I'm catching up here. and also helping diagnose in the shop by text.

it's happening now. I have moved two truck/trailer loads to the garage already and one trip delivering my bronco 2. probably two or three loads more before I get to the house. hiring a big truck is a consideration but I'm going slowly and that would not really work with rental rates. also, we just moved my daughter last week and they did the big truck route. time sensitive! labor sensitive! and expensive! I'm moving at a more controlled pace. in fact, I'm taking today off. that's why I'm catching up here. and also helping diagnose in the shop by text.

I hope it goes very smoothly, and inexpensively. :nabble_smiley_wink:

• 8 months later...

I hope it goes very smoothly, and inexpensively. :nabble_smiley_wink:

well, I'm finally getting back up to speed on this project. I pulled the rolling chassis from the metal shop and brought it home to my garage for finishing work. the metal shop produces a lot of dust, and my clean painted frame looks more like a barn find. i also needed the bay for the 82 f100 because i have decided to convert the three on tree to four in the floor to get overdrive. I did prove the engine to be a good runner first so now that is a side project to my side project. I did get some metal work done on the cab last month but it has not been as easy to get to that shop as I had planned so having at least half at home should help.

well, I'm finally getting back up to speed on this project. I pulled the rolling chassis from the metal shop and brought it home to my garage for finishing work. the metal shop produces a lot of dust, and my clean painted frame looks more like a barn find. i also needed the bay for the 82 f100 because i have decided to convert the three on tree to four in the floor to get overdrive. I did prove the engine to be a good runner first so now that is a side project to my side project. I did get some metal work done on the cab last month but it has not been as easy to get to that shop as I had planned so having at least half at home should help.

Having facilities at home is the way to go. Even 30 minute away has to slow things down. So I'm sure you'll be able to get more done now. And things will stay cleaner. :nabble_smiley_good:

• 10 months later...

well, I'm finally getting back up to speed on this project. [...] so having at least half at home should help.

Don't worry Matt, this keeps the suspense.

We stay tuned and are looking forward to the next episode.

:nabble_smiley_wink:

wow. almost a year since this project and still no progress. I guess it's good to be busy but I want to work on mine. I did do prep work though in the form of building a room to do body work and then got too busy to finish it. progress to come im sure.