New build thread

mat in tn

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i

Looks like a worthy cause. :nabble_smiley_good:

It will be interesting to see how the shift linkage is. Some of the 3-on-the-tree linkages have been worn enough they won't work properly. Hopefully you won't have that problem. Or, if you do, perhaps you can find a way to rebuild it?

But, you also said "6". Is it the venerable 4.9L in-line six or the little 3.8L V6?

Looks like a worthy cause. :nabble_smiley_good:

It will be interesting to see how the shift linkage is. Some of the 3-on-the-tree linkages have been worn enough they won't work properly. Hopefully you won't have that problem. Or, if you do, perhaps you can find a way to rebuild it?

But, you also said "6". Is it the venerable 4.9L in-line six or the little 3.8L V6?

Its a 300/4.9.

I have not messed with it yet but we will see when i get in to it.

That's great. The 300 is far, far better than the V6.

I know its one of the best engines. I have one in bubba. But i stil want to do a 3.8 someday if only for its rarety .

This truck has one option that i can see so far. Dealer air! It has dash vents that i have never seen but are so obviously very specific to this. Its so basic that i almost expected a radio delete. Haha.

I know its one of the best engines. I have one in bubba. But i stil want to do a 3.8 someday if only for its rarety .

This truck has one option that i can see so far. Dealer air! It has dash vents that i have never seen but are so obviously very specific to this. Its so basic that i almost expected a radio delete. Haha.

I've thought I wanted to build up a flathead to be different. But I'd not really thought about the Essex in the same light.

However, the Split Port Induction system might make it interesting. It wasn't used on our trucks, but probably could be added. Or, you could go with the supercharged version.

But, you could also go with a Coyote. :nabble_smiley_evil:

I've thought I wanted to build up a flathead to be different. But I'd not really thought about the Essex in the same light.

However, the Split Port Induction system might make it interesting. It wasn't used on our trucks, but probably could be added. Or, you could go with the supercharged version.

But, you could also go with a Coyote. :nabble_smiley_evil:

People are always asking “ when are you doing a coyote”? I guess im a little old fashioned. I like carburetors! I understand the power etc. but i can build a 351 to spin tires. Im not racing. I also like drivability. And i can do that without adding 10k or more to a build. It seems that there is always a 5.0 and or a 5.8 on a stand at any given time. Just all around hard to beat.