Bullnose Forums

Cross members

Can anyone tell me I’m looking for the skid plate and cross members for my 1981 bronco, that I can’t find anywhere , someone told me that the bronco crossmembers were interchangeable with the bronco right up to 1993, can anyone tell me if this is right, it would give me a lot more to choose from . Thanks

I have skid plates here: Driveline/Skid Plates. And if you look all the Broncos (U150) took the same one from 1980 through the end of the catalog, which was 1989. Since my catalog stops at '89 I can't say about the later ones. However, the D8TZ prefix means it was designed in 1978 (D=1970's), so I'd bet the same rear skid plate was used from 1978 through at least 1989.

As for crossmembers, which one are you looking for? Here are the Bronco crossmembers and if you tell me which one(s) I can look up the part numbers and what years they fit.

Bronco_Crossmembers.thumb.jpg.7f5c8d82664988f1d55a7ee3444bded0.jpg

I have skid plates here: Driveline/Skid Plates. And if you look all the Broncos (U150) took the same one from 1980 through the end of the catalog, which was 1989. Since my catalog stops at '89 I can't say about the later ones. However, the D8TZ prefix means it was designed in 1978 (D=1970's), so I'd bet the same rear skid plate was used from 1978 through at least 1989.As for crossmembers, which one are you looking for? Here are the Bronco crossmembers and if you tell me which one(s) I can look up the part numbers and what years they fit.
I’m needing both front and back cross members, do you have an exact measurement on them? The reason being is I used to have propane in the truck and now I’m putting it back on gas. 

On Jul 5, 2018, at 7:45 PM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

The catalog doesn't give me any measurements. All it gives me is part numbers. Here's the info from the catalog on crossmembers. It shows that Broncos from 1980 through 1989 take the same ones, and that we need Parts List #2.

Crossmember_Parts_Lists.thumb.jpg.ea116d8dda92d4999f68273cf80f03f2.jpg

Here's parts lists #'s 1 and 2. Note that F means Front and R means Rear. Also note that #'s 3 & R were replaced by an F2 number, which is a 1992 part. So that means that the Broncos didn't change until after 1992. Surely that is true of all of the crossmembers, and that must also include the skid plates. :nabble_smiley_good:

Cross_Member_Parts_Lists_1_and_2.thumb.jpg.35432af9474598bc828f39d33c8aa69c.jpg

The catalog doesn't give me any measurements. All it gives me is part numbers. Here's the info from the catalog on crossmembers. It shows that Broncos from 1980 through 1989 take the same ones, and that we need Parts List #2.Here's parts lists #'s 1 and 2. Note that F means Front and R means Rear. Also note that #'s 3 & R were replaced by an F2 number, which is a 1992 part. So that means that the Broncos didn't change until after 1992. Surely that is true of all of the crossmembers, and that must also include the skid plates. :nabble_smiley_good:
That helps a lot, I have scoured just about everywhere for early 80’s parts, knowing I can search with a broader range is a huge help, again thankyou to the best Bronco Guru 😉

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 5, 2018, at 8:55 PM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote: