Bullnose Forums

mat in tn

Not really. I built it for myself but then i sold it. I seem to do that. I really like bullnose trucks and i love building restomods and restoring them. I dont build these for other people . I build what i like. I do other commision work and custom work but frame off builds i do on my own.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. I built it for myself but then i sold it. I seem to do that. I really like bullnose trucks and i love building restomods and restoring them. I dont build these for other people . I build what i like. I do other commision work and custom work but frame off builds i do on my own.

Interesting. I've only sold two Bullnose trucks after working on them "significantly". The '82 Explorer got a new engine and I ported the heads myself. And Rusty required both the rear diff and the t-case to be rebuilt, and I swapped engines with Dad's truck and then put it back. Plus there was a whole lot of other work done on both trucks. But in both cases I sold them because I was getting another truck - Dad's truck replaced the Explorer, and Big Blue replaced Rusty.

But now that I have "extensive" work on both of these trucks I could never sell them. They've become part of me. Or I'm part of them. So I don't see how you do one so in-depth and sell it. But both you and Cory apparently do that. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Interesting. I've only sold two Bullnose trucks after working on them "significantly". The '82 Explorer got a new engine and I ported the heads myself. And Rusty required both the rear diff and the t-case to be rebuilt, and I swapped engines with Dad's truck and then put it back. Plus there was a whole lot of other work done on both trucks. But in both cases I sold them because I was getting another truck - Dad's truck replaced the Explorer, and Big Blue replaced Rusty.

But now that I have "extensive" work on both of these trucks I could never sell them. They've become part of me. Or I'm part of them. So I don't see how you do one so in-depth and sell it. But both you and Cory apparently do that. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Well i love doing them. I dont have all for sale but i cant keep them all. If i want to build another i must make room to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

While working on our land my brother said my truck looked as if were in an old truck ad so i had to take a pichttps://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n108155/C20D591E-6186-4954-A757-C59600C937FB.jpeg

Cool truck, and I love the topper(?)...we call them "Caps" around here, but I know they have a lot of different names depending on who you're talking to. Cap, topper, camper shell, etc.

So I don't see how you do one so in-depth and sell it. But both you and Cory apparently do that.

Hey...HEY!, Whoa... What is it you always say Gary, I resemble that remark...lol.

Yep, that's what Dad would have said.

He really had a lot of sayings. While on the trip to Ouray my brother and I'd look at each other and grin, knowing what the other was thinking - Dad would have said "..."

While working on our land my brother said my truck looked as if were in an old truck ad so i had to take a pichttps://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n108155/C20D591E-6186-4954-A757-C59600C937FB.jpeg

Cool truck, and I love the topper(?)...we call them "Caps" around here, but I know they have a lot of different names depending on who you're talking to. Cap, topper, camper shell, etc.

Out in the west caps or toppers are called canopies!

Out in the west caps or toppers are called canopies!

the funny thing is that when i got bubba it had a roll bar and lights. thats what i prefer but i needed to keep my tools dry so i bought a topper / cap . that was 27 years ago. again i find practicality takes precedence. however i do like the old school topper look