Bullnose Forums

Fresh paint on my 300!

Ford engine blue, enamel.

Spray bomb or spray gun? Looks fantastic!

Off topic slightly, but when I bought my truck, I was very disappointed to see a gray engine. If it ever comes out, and I know it's not technically correct, it will be painted in Ford Blue.

Off topic slightly, but when I bought my truck, I was very disappointed to see a gray engine. If it ever comes out, and I know it's not technically correct, it will be painted in Ford Blue.

technically correct? 20 years ago when i rebuilt my 300 i looked at it like a tractor engine and painted it john deere yellow. i would never do that today. i have become more simple about these . i have a rule for this on my trucks now. fuel injected get ford gray and carb engines get ford blue. i prefer the traditional look even if the internals are modified. i do sometimes use the hei conversion some simply because it just plain works.

Painted with a spray gun, This engine was originally gray too. I was told back in the day that the gray engines were industrial engines, put in some pickups, but I haven't verified that yet.