Bullnose Forums

A little humor

reamer

That's funny! Some may know that I bought my truck brand new. Not long after I purchased mine, an associate that I worked with bought a brand new Silverado. It was a good looking truck and the counterpart to my F150.....4x4, V8, short bed, etc. Not long after he got it, he began to have some problems with it that just seemed to multiply. I'd just smile and say, "should have bought a Ford".

That's funny! Some may know that I bought my truck brand new. Not long after I purchased mine, an associate that I worked with bought a brand new Silverado. It was a good looking truck and the counterpart to my F150.....4x4, V8, short bed, etc. Not long after he got it, he began to have some problems with it that just seemed to multiply. I'd just smile and say, "should have bought a Ford".

My brother and I were bringing Big Blue back from Florida. His first turn to drive I said "Click this button to put it in Tow/Haul mode." He did and when he hit the brakes later and it tached up for compression braking he said "Wow! What did you have to pay for that feature?" "It is standard on these trucks. Your Toyota doesn't have it?" "Shut up!" :nabble_smiley_evil:

My parents blew up the 4L60E in their 2011 Silverado... may have to lend them my F150 or my Ranger until they get it rebuilt :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Son #1 is a full-time wrench. He says if it's not a 4L80 or an Aisin, it's trouble. The light duty DodgeRam tranny is so bad that mechanics have running jokes about them. At least DodgeRam made them easy to swap out.

Somehow Ford has managed to avoid selling us any truly problematic trannies. Even the odd duck A4OD works OK once you know its idiosyncrasies.

I'm not ready for a 10sp tranny. But they are selling well. We'll see...