Bullnose Forums

Cleaning Up The Pinned Items

No, there's no user's guide. I wish there was.

A pinned item is one that looks like it has a red push-pin through it so it doesn't float down the page based on when the last post was made. Saying it another way, in the normal view of the main page you'll currently see 10 folders with red pins through them and 3 threads with red pins. So those things will always remain at the top of the page. But the other threads, aka topics, will vary depending on which one has had the latest post.

Embed is what some of us do to put special things in our posts. But I don't use the "Embed" button up above. Instead I tick the "Message is in HTML Format" box and use HTML to put the special things in with. For instance, the other day I had the pdf of the Ford announcement of the Eluminator electric motor. So I embedded it in my post so you could read the pdf. You can see that on this post, and if you want to see how I did it click Reply to that post and then click Quote. It'll put the code there on your screen, and then you can tick the HTML box and hit Preview Message and see how it copies the document in.

As for a permalink, that is short for "permanent link". It is an address, but on the forum it is different than the URL you see in the web browser. I don't fully understand how Nabble generates the permalinks, but if you want to give someone a link to a post, as I did above on the Eluminator post, you need to click More and then Permalink and copy what it shows you. Don't use the URL in the browser's window as it usually won't get you where you want to go.

Please don't worry about asking questions. It is how we learn, and others will read your questions and learn as well.

Thanks a lot!

I'll archive these clear explanations for future use!

:nabble_smiley_beam: