Bullnose Forums

6K tachometer [E0TZ-17360-A] - NOS

I think color is only a difference between 80 and 81-86.

This. As shown, that means there are six possible printed circuits, depending on year, gauge/idiot lights, and tach/no tach. I've never seen anything else, unless you want to start talking medium duty. Those trucks have a different printed circuit unique to them. Fun fact though, my 1986 gauge cluster backing is for a medium duty truck. I found no evidence of it ever being replaced, so Ford was using the medium duty gauge cluster backs in the light duty trucks by 1986.

As to Gary's points on the non-tach trucks having tach printed circuits, my 1986 parts truck did NOT have a tach, and did NOT have the printed circuit for a tach. That truck was built in April of 1986, so it was towards the end of production.

I've seen plenty of clusters w/o tachs but with a circuit that had the provisions for a tach. In fact, early on I didn't know there were circuits that didn't provide for a tach. I bought several tachs and stuck them right in. I guess I was just lucky. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Anyway, do we really need to map the LMC numbers to the Ford #'s? We have both the Ford part #'s and the ID #'s that are on the circuit in the table on the page, and below. Is it helpful to help our members/readers to buy from LMC by mapping the Ford #'s to LMC #'s? I'm not against it, but worry that LMC will change their numbers and we'll have the wrong info.

10k843-guage-printed-circuit_orig.thumb.jpg.20ce1a35f5f61363fdc984e9ddf22066.jpg

I've seen plenty of clusters w/o tachs but with a circuit that had the provisions for a tach. In fact, early on I didn't know there were circuits that didn't provide for a tach. I bought several tachs and stuck them right in. I guess I was just lucky. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Anyway, do we really need to map the LMC numbers to the Ford #'s? We have both the Ford part #'s and the ID #'s that are on the circuit in the table on the page, and below. Is it helpful to help our members/readers to buy from LMC by mapping the Ford #'s to LMC #'s? I'm not against it, but worry that LMC will change their numbers and we'll have the wrong info.

That is very interesting as none of the 40 or so of these trucks I've touched ever had a tach circuit on a non-tach cluster, nor have any of the ones I've seen online.

I don't think it's necessary to map it out, as the descriptions on LMC's listings are pretty clear as to which circuit goes with which options.

That is very interesting as none of the 40 or so of these trucks I've touched ever had a tach circuit on a non-tach cluster, nor have any of the ones I've seen online.

I don't think it's necessary to map it out, as the descriptions on LMC's listings are pretty clear as to which circuit goes with which options.

I guess I got lucky. Dumb luck. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Anyway, unless someone can see a good reason to put the LMC #'s on our site, I'll pass. As you said, Shaun, their descriptions are pretty clear, so I don't see much advantage of adding them.

I guess I got lucky. Dumb luck. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Anyway, unless someone can see a good reason to put the LMC #'s on our site, I'll pass. As you said, Shaun, their descriptions are pretty clear, so I don't see much advantage of adding them.

Guess both tables have good descriptions so not combining them sounds reasonable to me. Maybe just add the green/red to the Ford chart?